How to move a item made in aditi to agni. Of course i meant to pay the fees.

Vrakkmmull

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i finished to develop my item, it was a mesh that i have imported from blender but while i was testing i made several modifications (texture, script, and even some dimensions) do i have to do all of this in agni again after upload my mesh or there is a way to simply export the item to agni and pay the fees for the upload of texture, and objects???

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Vrakkmmull said:

Hum, and there is a way to export from Aditi to my hard drive and then import in agni?

I suppose you have the dae files and textures stored on your hard drive already and if so, the easiest way is probably to redo all the changes you made manually.

The script is simple enough though: copy it to a text document and then paste it into a new script on the main grid.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 12:49 AM, ChinRey said:

I suppose you have the dae files and textures stored on your hard drive already and if so, the easiest way is probably to redo all the changes you made manually.

The script is simple enough though: copy it to a text document and then paste it into a new script on the main grid.

Well I think that the final model could be exported from SL by saving the file to disk and then re-upload it? At least, using firestorm that can be done

3 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Well I think that the final model could be exported from SL by saving the file to disk and then re-upload it? At least, using firestorm that can be done

It can in theory but depending on the model it can be very messy and saving your model back to a DAE file using a third party viewer RARELY gets you the same dae that you uploaded.  Go figure LOL.  So I agree that uploading again on the main grid is the best overall solution.  Many of us have been doing that for almost a decade now. It works :D. 

The price of working things out for free. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, Chic Aeon said:

It can in theory but depending on the model it can be very messy and saving your model back to a DAE file using a third party viewer RARELY gets you the same dae that you uploaded.  Go figure LOL.

That is to be expected, internal engine formats are typically export-only and destructive to a degree. They are not designed to be interchange format, but something reasonably fast and suited for the task.

In addition, SL export tools such as the ones in Firestorm rebuild a DAE from the model's internal representation within the viewer memory, it bears no relationship to the file you uploaded.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:26 PM, OptimoMaximo said:

Certainly using Firestorm you can right click an object and Save As/Backup, then use the Import Linkset... option in Build/Upload to get it back. I've only tried this with prims so I've no idea what it'd do with mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.