Firestorm Question about Windlight

NekoBoi Littlepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HI everyone reading this

Ive recently updated my viewer to latest firestorm and i cant seem to find an option like in older one to have your windlight settings locked to a certain one 

anyone know a workaround for this to keep it locked to a certain windlight/water settings?

Also if anyone knows a places to get more windlight/water/cycle setings feel free to respond here too im always looking for new ones

Thanks 

NekoBoi Littlepaws

4 answers to this question

I have some new "Places" EEP Skies that I made in November. They are on the wall for free here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moon Beach/209/109/2511 

You can get all the old Windlights from the viewer that have been converted -- on the Marketplace.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Firestorm-Default-Sky-Windlights-for-EEP/20088838

Note that not all Windlight settings translate well. Some better than others but a starting point for you anyway. 

3 hours ago, NekoBoi Littlepaws said:

HI everyone reading this

Ive recently updated my viewer to latest firestorm and i cant seem to find an option like in older one to have your windlight settings locked to a certain one 

anyone know a workaround for this to keep it locked to a certain windlight/water settings?

Also if anyone knows a places to get more windlight/water/cycle setings feel free to respond here too im always looking for new ones

Thanks 

NekoBoi Littlepaws

A good blog article about how to apply to avatar

https://modemworld.me/2020/04/21/tutorial-environment-enhancements-project-eep/3/#apply

I think the answer to your question is in Rowan's link. 

I think you meant how to keep a environment set as you move from region to region. I fly a helicopter and often want to avoid changing environment settings as I cross from region to region. The former FS trick of setting environment 'NOT to change as you change regions' is sort of depreciated. That is because when you attach an environment it is sticky and automatically disables World->Environment->Use Shared Environment. Which I think is a better way than the previous idea of changing to a region's default setting when you enter. I think I understand the idea but it doesn't work well for sailors and aviators.

I do use the setting Use Shared Environment. Running through the near mandatory check list for Shergood helicopters' take-off gives me an opportunity to stick the current region's environment as my environment for the flight.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.