buy a land or use the linden home?

inVidmInd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi ,I have this question I want to build a club,no big thing,I think 1024size is enough,I just saw that when your register as a premium member you get a linden home,my question is if is posable to build a club in that space or is only for houses.

If is not possible to build a club there,I have to be premium member to buy a land,right?? Sorry Im little confuse..

thanks!!🙃

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

You CAN have a club in Belli; I built one for someone over a year ago and as far as I know it is still going strong. 

EDIT: You CANNOT REPLACE THE HOUSE --- you can only add on or use as is. 

The covenant in Bellisseria specifically disallows any commercial activity, so if you have something that you call a club, it has to be non-commercial (no advertizing, no signage, no cash changing hands....).  You are better off buying a mainland parcel and using your Premium land fee waiver for it.  

And yes, as Chic says, you cannot replace the Linden Home with anything.  It's not just forbidden.  It's impossible.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, inVidmInd said:

hi ,I have this question I want to build a club,no big thing,I think 1024size is enough,I just saw that when your register as a premium member you get a linden home,my question is if is posable to build a club in that space or is only for houses.

If is not possible to build a club there,I have to be premium member to buy a land,right?? Sorry Im little confuse..

thanks!!🙃

You have to be premium to buy MAINLAND or to get a Belli home. 

You CAN have a club in Belli; I built one for someone over a year ago and as far as I know it is still going strong. 

You can buy PRIVATE LAND (really leasing as you don't actually own it) without being premium. 

EDIT: You CANNOT REPLACE THE HOUSE --- you can only add on or use as is. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

Despite Chic's experience, I would not try to run a club out of a Linden Home.  The rules don't allow it, and besides, 1024 is too small a parcel for a club.

If you are a Premium member, you can buy a parcel on the Mainland.  If you are not Premium, you can rent Mainland from another resident, or lease a parcel on a Private Estate.  If you're renting or leasing, be sure your landlord will allow you to build and run your club on the land.

37 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Despite Chic's experience, I would not try to run a club out of a Linden Home.  The rules don't allow it, and besides, 1024 is too small a parcel for a club.

The club that Chic created is just another Bellisseria home being used as a gathering place, not unlike various other Bellisseria homes that have been turned into communal gathering spots.  She simply created add-ons and decorations to give it a Club look.  While it is referred to as a Club, it is not a normal SL club.  There is definitely no commercial aspect to it at all.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.