Worn clothes from outfits change color

FeatherWhisper1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i have an issue ... i got a new matriya body and mesh head.  I got new mesh clothes.  So i started to make some outfits.  I wear the clothes and save as to create an outfit.  I went back to wear a few outfits and the clothes have gone all white of black.  They were find when i created the outfits.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Does the item have a texture HUD?  If so, did you wear it on another day and change the color to black or white?  The outfits folder saves items as links so if you were to wear an item from that outfit and changed the color, when you wore the outfit saved, it would be at the last color you changed it to.

• Like 1

Are they texture change clothes?  Whenever I choose a color on something, I always detach and then reattach.  You may have saved it as one color but if you crashed afterward, the color can revert to the original.  I know its happened to me now and then.

• Like 1

You don't have to be wearing the HUD now for the item to have changed color. If you saved the outfit, then later wore one of the items in that outfit again and at that time changed its color, the item in the saved outfit will now be a different color. The item in the outfit is  a LINK to the original item, not an item itself, and therefore it will reflect all changes made to the original item.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the issue could be, but other good advice has been given. Good luck!

I'm not sure if you are talking about a texture issue or something else with Outfits.

Can you post some pictures of the outfits?  Create a new outfit with things the way you want and take a picture.  Save the outfit, change your outfit to something else, then go back to the outfit and take a picture showing the white/black.

Rowen and Ariel are right. I'll say it a different way.

There are two possibilities. Either a change failed to record or you are using the same item in different outfits.

When you change an attachment (mesh clothes) and exit SL the change may not stick. Try making your changes then take the item off to force the Asset System to update with your changes.

Some people don't understand links. These look like items but they are just pointers to the item. Outfits use links. So if you make a skirt red and save an outfit 'A' you have an outfit with a red skirt. If you never do anything with that skirt again the outfit will always have a red skirt.

But, if you then use the same skirt and change it to green and save outfit 'B' and later make the same skirt blue and save outfit 'C'... you will find outfits A, B, and C all have the skirt as blue. Because all the links point to the same skirt.

The way to handle this is to put your look together and save the skirt (take it off). Copy the just saved skirt and put the copy in a folder labeled 'red'. Wear the copy. Now save the outfit. Its link will point to the copy. Do that for each color of the skirt you make for an outfit. Since each outfit has a link to a different copy of the skirt the outfits don't change.

Logging on and off does not change outfits. The only time a log-on changes items is if the changes from the previous session failed to record.

If you are seeing something different, you need to explain if you made or bought the item. From there we can try to figure out what is happening.

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When you change an attachment (mesh clothes) and exit SL the change may not stick. Try making your changes then take the item off to force the Asset System to update with your changes.

Thanks.  I knew what it was just not the technical reason for it.  It happened too often which is why I always detach and reattach now anything I've edited or changed the color on.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.