Making a hard copy - not linking thru outfits

Horus Salubrius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dumb question time:  So I am going to make a hard copy of all the bits which make up Baseline Horus & put them in another folder.  However I can't copy items that are currently added and/or being worn, meaning I am going to have to detach all in order to do so  - correct ?    /me shudders ...

In theory I should only have to put that Baseline outfit back on & all we be good again, but this is still giving me the heebie-jeebies !! 

An aside, it seems that the Legacy HUD will not work fully in Firestorm - anyone else notice this ? 

You do not have to take items off to copy them.   At least not in firestorm. Just make a new folder named Baseline Horus, copy the item you are wearing, then paste but not as a link into the new folder.  I usually go to my current outfit folder, find original and the copy from there to the new folder.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

You can copy an item that is worn/attached -- I've done it with my Maitreya body a few times.

ETA:  If you do not want to take off the items you made a copy of, leave the copy in the original place and move the Worn/Attached one to your new folder.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

At least not in firestorm. Just make a new folder named Baseline Horus, copy the item you are wearing, then paste but not as a link into the new folder. 

That is what I am going to do but it seems in LL viewer I cannot copy items that are currently being worn.  I have just tried again & a few different ways (from the worn folder, from the main panel, by dragging, etc. - no go).    Will log in with Firestorm & see if that is any better.

Open 2 inventory windows is the easiest way. In the main tab, find what it is you want to copy..Copy then move over to the 2nd inventory window and find that new folder you made, right click and paste.  A lot of things are easier to do with 2 inventory windows open.

• Like 1

phew - I swapped to the old system avi & back to the Baseline Horus without a hitch.  I know, I know ... but ... 

Anyways, that means that I can configure a different body with the same head without having to use an alt, safe in the knowledge that I can get back.  More pennies are dropping. 

Oh wait .. I've just had a thought, I need to copy the HUD for the head too ...

@Horus Salubrius I do this sort of thing a lot, because I change my look so much. So, I have a set of mesh elven ears for example, which are tinted to match my skin. But if I just use links in outfits, and change my skin and tint the ears to match the new skin, they'll no longer match the other skin. So rather than just create outfits with links to the same ears, I copy the ears and match the new ones to the new skin instead. This ensures that other outfits with the same tintable items are unaffected. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.