Looking for Work!

AllNightPrince

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, AllNightPrince said:

Hi I'm Alex and I am new to second life. I'm 21 years old and have work experience in customer service as well as photo and film editing. I'm willing to work long hours (anywhere from 1:00PM - 9:00PM EST) for any steady jobs available. I love interacting with others and working in teams.

Second Life isn't a means to earn money. It's a place where you relax and explore. I would suggest you explore and experience first and then think about work.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nearly a swarm last hours... perhaps some unemployed collective promoted SL ? ..but forgot to mention people need exceptional professional skills to even get close to a rl income.

I keep noticing this, everyone who joins SL new, their first question is "how to earn money?" Or they say "Looking for job, I need money." What's the use of SL if they need job? :3

6 hours ago, karenx0 said:

I keep noticing this, everyone who joins SL new, their first question is "how to earn money?" Or they say "Looking for job, I need money." What's the use of SL if they need job? :3

I.spent my first month just wandering around and figuring thing out.  Then I realized if I wanted to get anything besides the freebie junk, I needed Ls, so I purchased some.  Never even considered getting a job since I had one in RL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Working in a club is decent my friend. I started as a dancer with an income of 400-1500L/day

Those people they just probably don't work.... If you are good with public, they will tip you well!

I know host/DJ they can make up to 3000-3500L/ for one set. Even saw a DJ friend making like 8000L/set in the right club. But for that you have to learn working in a club and get hired. Right now is a VERY GOOD TIME, a lot of clubs looking for staff!! I am not saying you will make that money but I am sharing my observations. Personally when I was just a dancer in a club, my first job in a club, I was making 800-1500L/day (300CAD$/month)

2 minutes ago, xenoqc said:

Working in a club is decent my friend. I started as a dancer with an income of 400-1500L/day

Those people they just probably don't work.... If you are good with public, they will tip you well!

I know host/DJ they can make up to 3000-3500L/ for one set. Even saw a DJ friend making like 8000L/set in the right club. But for that you have to learn working in a club and get hired. Right now is a VERY GOOD TIME, a lot of clubs looking for staff!! I am not saying you will make that money but I am sharing my observations. Personally when I was just a dancer in a club, my first job in a club, I was making 800-1500L/day (300CAD$/month)

Which is all true.  However, most places that would pay that usually are looking for someone at the least 30 days old and a somewhat updated avatar especially places with enough traffic to generate those kind of numbers.  And no, I don't work in SL although a lot of people do.  

25 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I.spent my first month just wandering around and figuring thing out.  Then I realized if I wanted to get anything besides the freebie junk, I needed Ls, so I purchased some.  Never even considered getting a job since I had one in RL.  

Yeah me too. But since now I am free, and USD is a little too much in INR, so I take up on a SL job. But I started after 1 or 2 months later, I thought maybe it was a little too much for my mother to be paying for me; and so I thought maybe I help her :P

10 minutes ago, xenoqc said:

Good.luck.with that if you don't have an updated avatar or are a male.

10 minutes ago, xenoqc said:

I know host/DJ they can make up to 3000-3500L/ for one set. Even saw a DJ friend making like 8000L/set in the right club. But for that you have to learn working in a club and get hired. 

These people probably had a fan base already.  That's what those dj/host groups are for.  Mass tping them all to your gigs.  

But outside of clubs.... I don't know where is the money other that having a very kick-ass skills as they said. I worked as Estate Manager which is the highest position you can have below the Sim's ownership and... I was barely making 350L/week....

SecondLife is not meant for MoneyMaking, remember that... It is possible but...

True I forgot to say, to work in the payful clubs, you will need to invest on your avatar, clothes, gestures, accessories... And yes most of the time you need 30-90 days old account. But right now the demand is HIGH. They train newbies and are less likely to say no as the need of Host/DJ is daily and steady

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Good.luck.with that if you don't have an updated avatar or are a male.

These people probably had a fan base already.  That's what those dj/host groups are for.  Mass tping them all to your gigs.  

You don't need a fan base, you just need the right skills and music selection if you DJ. Many clubs have already their steady clients and can provide an easy 400L/set...

As you can also work for a club that will make you work 6 hours a day or more and you won't make a penny...

It is about being hired at the right place. I had a job where there was no client at all! But the owners/managers (+their friends) would guarantee an income of 600-1200L/sets

Just now, xenoqc said:

You don't need a fan base, you just need the right skills and music selection if you DJ. Many clubs have already their steady clients and can provide an easy 400L/set...

As you can also work for a club that will make you work 6 hours a day or more and you won't make a penny...

It is about being hired at the right place. I had a job where there was no client at all! But the owners/managers (+their friends) would guarantee an income of 600-1200L/sets

And good luck finding those places as a noob.  Funny how most of these people posting don't checked the wanted section where there ARE jobs posted but come to this subforum.

Good luck? I don't believe in luck. 

I was hired in many good places, not necessary the most known places but I did with a avatar that is not even human... I am playing an alien and I don't have have any investment on my avatar. Which is normally more difficult than if you have a nice human avatar with good charisma and decent playlist for a set with a steady library.

I have many friends, they own their own business and they pay rent and bills out of SL! But most people their business is an expense...

I am not very making money lately as I am starting my own thing so right now the game is a cost, but just saying... I started to make around 1000L/day on my first club job. No experience nor skills at all! Just being entertaining and good to the public is enough.

My friends are people playing for more than 10 years and they all say and agreed: The easiest way to start making a little money (or more) is in clubs.

Edited by xenoqc

9 minutes ago, xenoqc said:

A fan base is needed among side, not everyone will tip you, only few will. And if they are from your group or fan, they will defo tip you. And nowadays you really don't earn much from clubs. Plus, new clubs take time to build up for the traffic, and you will hardly earn 100 L$ a set.

18 minutes ago, xenoqc said:

But right now the demand is HIGH. They train newbies and are less likely to say no as the need of Host/DJ is daily and steady

An upgraded full mesh avi is needed too. Some clubs ask for mesh avis instead of the classic ones. 

15 hours ago, xenoqc said:

Whatever you say... you made up your mind on discouraging people, always the same names replying here telling people they won't succeed...

Your own lack of income in SL is not others future!

You're funny, you should be a comedian 🤣

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.