Offline Status

Candy Tangerine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm curious what setting the players are using to make them appear "Offline" when you click on their profiles?  When I'm out dancing at a club and I go to check out someone's profile it shows that they are Offline, but they clearly are not because they are dancing right in front of me..lol.   Do they just appear "Offline" to strangers but appear online to their friends?  What setting are they clicking to make that Offline status appear?  Thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, Candy Tangerine said:

Hi, I'm curious what setting the players are using to make them appear "Offline" when you click on their profiles?  When I'm out dancing at a club and I go to check out someone's profile it shows that they are Offline, but they clearly are not because they are dancing right in front of me..lol.   Do they just appear "Offline" to strangers but appear online to their friends?  What setting are they clicking to make that Offline status appear?  Thanks 🙂

I always turn on my unavailable mode, non-friends see me as offline this way.

• Like 1

yep.. if they click the first one off and the second two on. it makes you not show up as online in search or when looking at their profile or if you try and message them.

but most are pretty stupid and think this really makes them invisible to others.. it doesnt.. join one of their groups and look in the group list if its shown.. that will always show if they are truly offline or online.

the offline setting only applies to friends and complete strangers. aka not sharing the same group.

its sort of broken that way.. if set to offline it should be offline to everyone.. friends.. groups.. strangers.. no one should be able to see your online at that point.

9 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

join one of their groups and look in the group list if its shown.. that will always show if they are truly offline or online.

Or simply ...

llRequestAgentData(avatar_UUID, DATA_ONLINE)

if you don't know groups etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.