Could You Explain Kawaii To Me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

agree with Syo, the general classification of the shown clothing style these days is lolita

lolita is also a pretty generic term. So ends up being qualified with some associative/additive descriptor as Syo mentions, same as kawaii is and neko as well

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

agree with Syo, the general classification of the shown clothing style these days is lolita

lolita is also a pretty generic term. So ends up being qualified with some associative/additive descriptor as Syo mentions, same as kawaii is and neko as well

As far as I know Lolita has been its own fashion for quite some time and no matter what substyle an outfit belongs to, you always have some things being consistant. The easiest example is probably the petticoat, worn under all skirts and dresses. However Lolita is part of the vast, ever expanding umbrella of japanese street fashion.

Another term I hear a lot in anime is MOE (Mo-Eh) which is specifically a cute girl who evokes feelings of love, innocence and the need to protect her. There is also TSUNDERE (Sun-De-Reh) who is more of a straight, unfunny person, even mean or angry, but is also lovable and cute at times. 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:55 AM, Syo Emerald said:

To be precise, what Baby, the Stars Shine Bright focuses on is Lolita Fashion (no, not related to that horrible book). Lolita can be kawaii, especially substyles like Sweet Lolita, which focuses on pastel colours, printed fabric with friendly designs (fruits, cake, kittens, teddybears, bunnies...) and lots of acessories. Other styles are a bit more subtile (example picture attached, this would be Qi Lolita)

Why I know all this stuff? Because I'm fool enough to own an outfit myself...precisly the one in the picture. If it weren't for covid, I would have worn it at least once to an event by now.

02_af1aa8f6-bd46-4e7a-bca8-13b991f04215.jpg

Syo, I didn't have time earlier, but I wanted to say that this is so gorgeous!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.