Merchant Outbox - what is that?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tonight I logged in to see a folder called "merchant outbox" in my inventory. It wasn't there this morning and I have never seen it before.  The product in my merchant outbox was sold yesterday I think on the Marketplace but I haven't accessed that product in probably a year. 

Anyone know what this is about?

EDIT: not that it matters really but I just rezzed what I "thought" was a Moroccan planter with foliage and what was in the Merchant outbox was a single piece of mesh that was PART of a build from six years ago --- a very small part.  Definitely a mystery. The item shown  is NOT for sale anywhere -- even as part of a larger build. 

image.png.08f65ad8733cedba57a647f16a25ae5b.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

I did some searching and found this Wiki page that was created/updated in 2015:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Viewer-Managed_Marketplace_FAQ

Near the top it says "Items no longer need to be loaded into the Merchant Outbox or a Magic box"

So it sounds like something that was used years ago, but not anymore.  Thus some sort of really odd bug or fluke that you suddenly ended up with such a folder.  Even more odd that it contains the odd item that wasn't really what the name was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did some searching and found this Wiki page that was created/updated in 2015:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Viewer-Managed_Marketplace_FAQ

Near the top it says "Items no longer need to be loaded into the Merchant Outbox or a Magic box"

So it sounds like something that was used years ago, but not anymore.  Thus some sort of really odd bug or fluke that you suddenly ended up with such a folder.  Even more odd that it contains the odd item that wasn't really what the name was.

not sure.. it appeared in my firestorm too after the update .. didn't read the notes for the update, it  might be explained there.

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not sure.. it appeared in my firestorm too after the update .. didn't read the notes for the update, it  might be explained there.

The only mention of it in the latest Firestorm release notes is - maybe they had to re-add it so you could delete it

image.png.5c9944c770ab3fb58bd87e0add11b7c7.png

The next most recent comments I could find was in the 4.7.9.50527 release - looks to be where the LL updates were pulled in:

image.thumb.png.36241f7dfa222140fe4f8423c58680ff.png

@Whirly Fizzle - Any insight on this one?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

this was filed as a jira a cpl months ago https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228268

a change occurred between the last FS release and the version before, a change made by LL as this happens also on their viewer. You can delete the folder, but the folder comes back. The way around it for now is to hide empty system folders which is an option in your prefs.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.