Uploading product image to MP listing only one at a time?

GaryPreston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to be able to upload images of my products one after the other on editing my listings. Not having listed any products for a while I now find that I can only upload one image each time I edit a product - meaning I must save the edit and re-edit to add another image. We are allowed several images per product and I have quite a few products to add. Does that mean I have to edit each one umpteen times just to add images? Or is this some kind of bug?

36 minutes ago, GaryPreston said:

Or is this some kind of bug?

It's not a bug as such, it's just the usual MP garbage level programming. No, actually that image uploader is horrible even by the MP software's rock bottom standards.

Unless something has changed for the worse(!) the last few weeks, the images do actually upload. It's just that you get no feedback on what happens and it can take minutes before they actually appear on the page.

When I edit the listing I can upload an image. But when it's uploaded I can't even see it until I save then edit again. And each time I edit I can only upload one picture then have to repeat all over again to upload more pics. They do appear once saved and show in Previewtoo. No problem there. It's just this one at a time thing and it's very time consuming. Used to be able to upload one after the other, all in the same edit instance. What's happened??  :((

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

MP software's rock bottom standards.

15 hours ago, GaryPreston said:

What's happened?? 

We're paying higher fees for better maintenance and working order of the futuristic software the MP runs on, that's what happened. And be grateful for that, as equally if not lesserly developed platforms like Apple store, eBay and Amazon charge more for an inferior level of efficiency and top notch quality code. 

/sarcastic rant end. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, GaryPreston said:

When I edit the listing I can upload an image. But when it's uploaded I can't even see it until I save then edit again. And each time I edit I can only upload one picture then have to repeat all over again to upload more pics. They do appear once saved and show in Previewtoo. No problem there. It's just this one at a time thing and it's very time consuming. Used to be able to upload one after the other, all in the same edit instance. What's happened??  :((

already reported as a bug on the Jira https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228845 

(and yes, a bug, it started around about the 24th-ish of May, but i forgot to file it so it went in the week later)

Edited by HunniHope

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.