New to SL, looking for friends :)

Bvrrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey :)

This my second attempt to creating a life on SL. My first attempt was extremely unsuccessful which made sense because I was really young. My love for virtual world game play started at 13, I didn't have a lot of friends when I was growing up and playing online was the perfect way to escape that loneliness. I started playing IMVU, I really enjoyed it, met some really cool people, but when I got to high school I got on less and less.

I'm now in college and since the semester had ended and my state is still in quarantine, I tried to get back on IMVU, but it's not the same at all. The people are very different and it just felt like I didn't really belong anymore. IMVU will forever be my first love, but I've just simply grown out of it. 

Now, I'm on SL and I'm so excited. I properly prepared myself this time and watched a bunch of youtube videos and read a lot of blogs. It didn't take me too long to get my girl looking right, but it was extremely frustrating. I was wrong to think that this would be an easy transition, but I got the hang of it now, I think lol. All there is left to do now is make some new friends and start my exploration in the world of role play. 

I'm open to meeting all types of people. I'm super laid back. I just want to have a fun and meet people who want to have fun and explore with me. :D 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Bvrrie said:

This my second attempt to creating a life on SL. My first attempt was extremely unsuccessful which made sense because I was really young. My love for virtual world game play started at 13, I didn't have a lot of friends when I was growing up and playing online was the perfect way to escape that loneliness. I started playing IMVU, I really enjoyed it, met some really cool people, but when I got to high school I got on less and less.

I'm now in college and since the semester had ended and my state is still in quarantine, I tried to get back on IMVU, but it's not the same at all. The people are very different and it just felt like I didn't really belong anymore. IMVU will forever be my first love, but I've just simply grown out of it. 

Now, I'm on SL and I'm so excited. I properly prepared myself this time and watched a bunch of youtube videos and read a lot of blogs. It didn't take me too long to get my girl looking right, but it was extremely frustrating. I was wrong to think that this would be an easy transition, but I got the hang of it now, I think lol. All there is left to do now is make some new friends and start my exploration in the world of role play. 

I'm open to meeting all types of people. I'm super laid back. I just want to have a fun and meet people who want to have fun and explore with me. :D 

i'd advice you put some things in your profile, it's totally empty except a picture where your head is chopped half off :) except that pic, give people something to start a conversation.
Also here it's about advertising yourself a bit, so please tell about things you like, look for, timezone.... etc etc ... of course,as far you'r comfortable to share things, keep RL out, that might be for closer friends (if at all) not the whole world needs to know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 4:08 AM, Caroline Takeda said:

Nice to see a Newbie actually making an effort to be prepared.
Look me up Inworld, maybe I can help a little to get you settled.

Always great to see folks helping others. Right now, the world needs so much more of this! 

Wrt meeting new folks, feel free to add me, so we can meet up and chat... I'm pretty new myself, and like you I spent waaaaay too much time on youtube... I think I've got a decent handle on things (for now anyways) 

Love is Love. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, Bvrrie said:

Hiya! I am pretty new too, well not so much, but I love to make new friends! If you like to do weird stuff and shop like crazy, feel free to IM me(shivie27 resident)

Edited by shiviex
Typo

Hey, I know I'm a little bit late, but I would love to chat and explore with you and see if we have any interests in common!

I'm new too (The account is a little older, like you too - I have tried unsuccessfully in the past), but that was due to lack of effort from myself more than anything!

SL can be confusing. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.