"Kawaii" Avatar help! / Femboy.

suukz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I'm the type of user to only come back on SL when I want to make avatars and dress them up. I struggle finding non empty places and friends, the ones I make tend to be the same type of users as I am which means they're rarely online. However, I'm back again and I'm determined to make two new avatars but I need help as I don't know my way around here or shops!

- I'm looking to create an anime inspired, yet realistic (Kinda falling into korean) type of female avi.

Examples here: 

1.png.2a18667710993110bd1dd9d866d79ce1.png 2.png.0a58cc955c0b4ad30abb8ea5e75c1df9.png 3.png.f8a088a7748c41c7aac6d51cc01bb35c.png 4.png.5734cd8f0ff207eeb09ddc6b035808b9.png

- But I'm also interested in making a femboy avatar, this is where i'm clueless as I've tried everything and they always turn out looking like frat boys who want to look cute and are manly instead.

Examples here:

5.png.85cd11f9d5f53d5ae4fa3ae726f655c2.png 6.png.b38171d9c56bbb513b2db3930ee91f4b.png

-- 

I basically don't know where to shop for genetics and Ao's (clothing too) , halp.

Edited by suukz

I'd suggest a feminine Maitreya shape and female head, as VTech makes a flat chest add-on for Maitretya. Then it's just a matter of finding V-Tech compatible clothing. 

Using the Maitreya body as the base, you could make both.

As far as clothing and other accessories, search MP for Kawaii or K-Pop maybe?

• Like 1

For skins: More More, Pity Party, momochuu, mudskin, Enfer Sombre. 

For clothes: Boys to the Bone, CLBlue, krankhaus. 

Definitely V tech for the cut chest, although I’ve seen some successful Jake bodies pull off the fem look, too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I'd suggest a feminine Maitreya shape and female head, as VTech makes a flat chest add-on for Maitretya. Then it's just a matter of finding V-Tech compatible clothing. 

Using the Maitreya body as the base, you could make both.

As far as clothing and other accessories, search MP for Kawaii or K-Pop maybe?

Thank you

2 hours ago, norajulian said:

Definitely V tech for the cut chest, although I’ve seen some successful Jake bodies pull off the fem look, too! 

Ah true! I'm nervous about it but i'll look into the jake body as well, thank you!

I would definitely recommend Maitreya + V-Tech. I use this combination myself. There is a (very, very small) range of feminine clothing for Jake, but for Maitreya/Vtech there is a lot more; plus, most regular Maitreya clothing will also fit with V-Tech (and you can always take it off if you're wearing clothes that mean  it won't show). so you have a LOT more clothing options with V-Tech.

For skins; if you're going BOM, check out the old classic skins in the Pink Fuel mainstore. Their applier skins are expensive but the classic-only skins are very cheap and there are flat-chest tattoo layers for them. A couple of others to try are Flamboyant and Gessami (both of these have Omega appliers as well as BOM; Gessami does Genus as well). The neat thing about Gessami is you can wear the male body skin and the female head skin (and vice-versa); they all match at the neck. For a slightly more masculine look, try Plastik's male skins; they are known for fantasy skins but they have some regular ones too (also classic + Omega). Of those four, Pink Fuel and Flamboyant have Asian face/eye options, Gessami and Plastik don't.

If you're using V-Tech and you're going BOM, here's a little trick that the creator told me.

Rez the BOM-version on the ground, go into Edit mode and change Alpha Masking from "None" to "Mask" with a cutoff of 1. Rename it and bring it back into your inventory. It will then be able to use system alpha layers for tops, as well as using the alpha hud.

• Like 4

On 5/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, norajulian said:

Does Momochuu include flat chest versions or are they for normal female avis?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.