How do you put someone on ignore?

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The spammer has made me wonder this question earlier, whilst at work using my phone to access the forum, as I often do during breaks to help pass the time.  I know I received some form of answer to the question I posted about it, but the thread with the answer got deleted before I could read it, so apologies if you might have seen that and wondering why it is still bothering me.

I can see the option comes up when I hover my mouse over a users name above their post using my desktop browser, but on a mobile phone there is no hover menu. Items are either clicked or they aren't.

I have spent maybe 10 minutes looking around the options, doing searches and not found a solution. Is it possible? It would make using the forum whilst it is under a spam attack much easier to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TDD123 said:

It' s in your Login-menu ( Top Right ) Select ' Ignored Users'  .. you can add new ones from there.

ignore.png

Is that on a mobile phone, on Chrome?

i can't see how to get that view. I get a menu a bit like that on the forum but with just the bell and the letter icon, not my name.

On the main page before I select community I have that picture, but the drop down under my account name has lots more stuff in it, but not ignored users.

Edited to add... I see it on my regular desktop like that, but not on my mobile phone. It is on my mobile phone I really want to be able to ignore and hide posts.

Edited by Aethelwine

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

TDD123 is correct, however, the spammer that you are talking about uses a different name each round of spam, so I'm afraid that in this case, this will be of little help. Although it's a nice opportunity to practice putting people on ignore.

Well the idea is to just hide their posts. Earlier on whatever they had done was spilling outside their post and covering the whole page in huge text, if I could have hidden it and all their posts while we were waiting for it to be tidied up it would have made the forum much easier to use.

• Like 1

It is also found by hovering your cursor over a user's name. This gives you three options: Message, Ignore User and Find Content.

You may need to use a "long press" for mobile however (hold your finger over the user's name instead of just tapping it).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

It is also found by hovering your cursor over a user's name. This gives you three options: Message, Ignore User and Find Content.

You may need to use a "long press" for mobile however (hold your finger over the user's name instead of just tapping it).

I tried long press, I get a menu about opening link or copying the link. Maybe my phone is set up weird?? Normal click brings their page up.

But anyway TDD123's method will work for me.

Small bit of advice about putting people on ignore on the forums, it wont block them from being able to react to your post or block you from seeing that they did react to your post. It only blocks you from seeing what they said if they reply or post somewhere else.

Another bit of advice about ignore it wont block you from seeing what they said if someone in the thread, yours or anyone else quotes them. So its not some magical tool that makes them go completely away where you will never have to deal with that person again.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.