Lindal Kidd Posted April 24, 2020 Share Posted April 24, 2020 Well, now I've gone and done it. More than a month ago, I signed up on the Steam web page to get in line for a Valve Index VR headset with all the trimmings...which costs about a grand. Yesterday, I got an email from Valve. Indexes are on the way! I have just 7 days to decide whether to give them my credit card info and commit to the purchase, or lose my place in line. Of course, I ALSO read that HP and Valve are developing a "new and improved" VR headset. It may be better, faster, cheaper. May be. No clue when, if ever, it will be available. My current computer is pretty capable, but to take full advantage of the Index, it will need at LEAST a new graphics card, and maybe other updates. That's another $1,000 to $3,000, depending on how far overboard I go. I'm jittering back and forth, wondering What Do I Do Now? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now