Avatar hair is lit by the Sun on both sides of head

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Avatar hair is lit by the Sun on both sides of head" is described as a "known issue" in the long list of such things in the new patch which now brings us EEP. Or rather, takes the wraps of EEP since, as Rider Linden has explained,  it was "already there," unlike the world for Bishop Berkeley.

I'm bracing myself for there to be two moons, tidal waves that completely overwash my sims, a sky that looks like the Last Days and -- yes, I saw what you did there, the sun now *jumps* if you switch from "midnight" to "midday".

Even on the old viewer, I never understood why, if you select a preset thing like "Sailor's Delight" and click "save" it tells you that you can't do that. Yet it doesn't "stay there," either. So I'm hardly likely to figure this new thing out and my fervent hope is, as the kids say, that it won't "mess up my game".

How about you?

I did send Rider Linden, who I gather was in charge of this project, a halo for getting it done. And just in time for Fantasy Faire, imagine. But never forget that the Light emanates from heaven...

As for the light on not just one but BOTH sides of my avatar head, I can't turn my head to see it -- even if it could turn 360 degrees. So I will bask in the knowledge that it is now lit on both sides, even as my little avatar feet cast shadows...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.