Can't Log in (Ligging in/updating friends list) loop

Grave Revnik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been unable to log in to my main characte, it keeps rolling through Logging in and Updating Friends List which sometimes lasts for 30 minutes, to an hour, or more without saying wrong password, I had one instance where it errored out and said wrong password. I tried changing my password, still can't get in. Not too sure what to do? I can log onto other accounts just fine. ( I have some for business stuff seperate from my play account)So it isn't a mac ban or IP ban because I also tested with VPN which singles out an IP ban. Plus I'm still able to get on my other accounts.

with these kinds of issues my first goto is: Try logging in to a different region with the official Linden viewer

my second goto is: Delete my Second Life account profile folder on my Windows 10 computer which forces the viewer to create a new Second Life account profile folder on my computer, then try to log in to a different region

path:  c : \ Users \ [YourWindowsUserName] \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ [ your_second_life_account_name ]

my third goto is: a clean re-install of the official Linden viewer and try to log in to a different region

my fourth goto: file a support ticket with Linden

when I can log in again on the Linden viewer then try again with the TPV of my choice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

for something like this then the stock Linden ticket response is go to 1, 2 and 3. Then get back to them after these fail

Linden Support insist that we take recovery steps on the Linden viewer

edit add:

if you are getting past the login and get to the updating friends list and it stalls then it could be that your account is corrupted in some way. By doing a total clean re-install of the viewer then you can rule out that the issue is on your end and mention this in your ticket

Edited by Mollymews

Putting this here in case they are using this post for the JIRA issue, and to reply to Mollymews' edit. I have cleared all files after uninstallation and tried using the regular SL viewer instead of Firestorm. (I was on my laptop) So I tried my desktop as well which is not what I was on when I logged off and couldn't get back on. Also tried the same thing for viewers, completely uninstalled and deleted roaming profiles and such, then downloaded regular SL viewer and tried again. Still the same issue. While it could be more than a viewer issue, I run a small shop in SL on a different account and I'm able to log in fine on those accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.