Can't deed my group

KnightsPet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, KnightsPet said:

I just became a prem member got my linden home but it will not let me deed my group to the land and it will let me add people to the access list.  Help please

Correct - you cannot DEED it, but you can SET it to the Group.

1 minute ago, KnightsPet said:

i understand that but how do I add someone to the access list  cause it is greyed out.   The add button is greyed out

You cannot set up parcel security via an access list becuase it creates banlines -- that is in the Covenant.

If you want any sort of parcel security, you have to use a security orb and there are restrictions on how you set it up.

Read the Covenant rules, on the Land Tab, and get the Notecard from the house rezzer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KnightsPet said:

I didn't rez a house so I wouldn't get a notecard .   So does my bf just need a group tag  to come over since I can't access the acess list to add him  I have read the Covenant rules

Out in front of the house there is a mailbox -- this is what lets you rez different types of houses.  It will also contain an option for getting a notecard.

You bf does not need a group tag to come over, but will need to have it active to rez stuff - unless you allow rezzing by everyone, which is a bad idea.

ETA:  The house rezzer will also contain an option to get a Content package.  Inside that will be the Linden provided Security System, with instructions for using it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KnightsPet said:

oh okay Thank you sorry I am brand new to this.  I don't see a mailbox outside at all.   

Look all around just outside the parcel.  

Yours is a log home - it won't look like a typical mailbox, but I'm not remembering off the top of my head what it should look like.

Welcome to SL, KnightsPet.  Yes, it's a little confusing at first.  As Lil says, you cannot deed a Linden Home to a group.  Having created a group, however, you can SET the land to the group.  The buttons for that are on the General page when you open the About Land window  (*World >> bout Land -- or World >> Parcel Details if you happen to be using the Firestorm viewer).  Once you have done that, you invite your BF to join the group,.  Be sure to set group permissions in About Land >> Options so that group members have the rights to rez objects and to run scripts on your parcel. 

The security orb is a different matter.  First of all, if you arfe in a NEW style Linden Home (on Bellisseria), you will have a mailbox out in front of the house that you use for changing the house style.  It's that mailbox which also contains an instruction notecard and a Content Package with goodies it, including a security orb that meets the covenant standard.  If you are in an  old-style Linden Home, you do not have a mailbox or any of the goodies in it.

I strongly suggest reading all of the information about your Linden Home at 

You will find a lot of your questions answered there and at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

If you are in a Log Home, your mailbox looks like this:

Log Home Mailbox.jpg

Edited by Rolig Loon
Clarity
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KnightsPet said:

oh I am such a blonde I found the mailbox  but when I clicked it my house  disappeared

Click and hold the house rezzer (i.e. that mailbox) for a few seconds (that resets it).  Then click it and select a house -- and then don't touch the house or anything else for 30 seconds.

If that still doesn't rez a house for you, contact live chat:

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
    Live Chat is available 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST) every day.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Just now, KnightsPet said:

[10:14] LH - Log Homes - HouseController 6.02: You chose: 
[10:14] Initializing ... Please wait 30 seconds before interacting with your new home.

thats all it says but nothing comes up 

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If that still doesn't rez a house for you, contact live chat:

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
    Live Chat is available 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST) every day.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.