Where can I find vans?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody. Not sure if this is allowed on here but I’m not sure where else to ask :( 😐

I’m wondering, does anybody know anywhere on SL I can find a pair of Vans sneakers (preferably fits Maitreya)

I’ve attached a picture of what I’m looking for specifically, I just cannot for the life of me find anything similar anywhere :( 

322F6B09-FDB8-4BE1-9EC3-32479C95A028.jpeg

You won't find any labelled as Vans or having the trademark "swipe", (or at least you shouldn't) because these are official trademarks and as such, they are not allowed in SL.  KC Couture has a nice pair (named Danika) which look similar to your pic, though the swipe on theirs is different. 

Sometimes it is hard to find a duplicate of a RL thing. Making an exact duplicate is sort of an infringement of the RL maker's patient/copyright things. Some companies are protective and file Cease & Desist orders and some have even gone to court over the copies. It isn't so much that they are concerned with the few dollars you may make. The problem is one has to protect their rights. Failure to do so can let the protected item move into the public domain.

Someone wanting to make a knock off of the item can use someone's copy of it to show the owner doesn't care because they didn't prosecute and therefore it is OK for them to make copies... that sort of stretches the point but that it the thinking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.