Getty Museum Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

GettyMuseumChallenge.jpg
First image was taken from the Getty Museum website.

Last week Soft Linden suggested I bring this brilliant challenge from the Getty Museum into Second Life for one of my SecondLifeChallenges. Since then I have been searching their collection for an image that I can recreate using items only in my Second Life inventory. I quickly learned that I could not accomplish this task with my Linden avatar, she just doesn’t have much in her inventory...yet (give me time!) 

So after randomly searching for days, punching in all kinds of keywords to try to find something I could recreate, I found this image: A Toda Man by A.T.W. Penn. I kind of fell in love with him, he has so much depth in his eyes. I logged into my male alt and tried to see what I could do with only items in my inventory. Close enough? Maybe? It was fun!

Here’s how you can participate in the #GettyMuseumChallenge:

1. Search their online collection (or their Flickr pool, which I feel might be easier) for a work of art that you can recreate using items only in your Second Life inventory. Since I realized this may be difficult for some Residents with smaller inventories (like my Linden avatar), let’s also allow anything you can purchase from the Second Life marketplace. That way you’re still not leaving your home to get the things you need for the challenge.
  2. Try not to use Photoshop too much. Mine is a completely raw shot! The point of the challenge is to show how we can do this challenge in Second Life, without the assistance of Photoshop.
  3. Be fun and creative with it! Some of my favorites were when people used deli items or clothing to recreate the images, so funny!
  4. Share your images in the comments of this forum post. You don’t have to put your image beside the original, as I did above since I know some of you may not have photo editing software. Just share your image and then link to the one you were inspired by on the Getty website!
  5. If you decide to do this challenge and post it on any social networks, don’t forget to use the hashtags #SecondLifeChallenge and #GettyMuseumChallenge. You can also add your images to the Second Life Challenge Flickr Group as well as the Official Second Life Group

I know this is a bigger challenge than usual, but I thought it would be so much fun to see people get really creative with it. 

Thank you for participating in the challenges! Stay safe, stay home, stay virtual!

P.S. I did another entry, but I cheated a little bit. I have always wanted to do a Frida Kahlo inspired image, but unfortunately, the image that I was looking for is not in the Getty Museum collection. It is on Frida Kahlo’s website at this link: Frida Kahlo on Bench and here’s my take on it:

GettyMuseumChallenge-Frida-Instagram.jpg

• Like 17

thought id give this a try  bee a bloger for about 2 yer and  she don't know it but it was @Strawberry  who  inspred me to get in to blogging lol i panting on the lift is The Infant Samuel as panted by Sir Joshua Reynolds  image  on the right is my recreation acomlished with my avi princesses51506 in SL my blog is 

https://aokistinyadventure.blogspot.com/  if any one wants to check it out lol

829537733_slchalange.thumb.png.fcdb1368b9663726d58abdb7fdf9ee39.png

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.