Marketplace saved login not working

Jenny Ashland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have my marketplace password saved, and I have it set to always log me in. I understand after I clear my history, change computers or sometimes an update, you have to log in again. Yet it is all the time now. My other things that I have saved my password still auto log me in. It is only this site. Is anyone else having this problem with SL marketplace or is it just me? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I have the same issue and it really bothers me.

I'm using Firestorm and Chrome and it happens on both, everytime I close the browser, I have to login again.

It keeps my accountname and pw, but I have to click login and the "remember me" check doesn't work.

It has been like this for months now.

Edited by Irian Riederer

In regards to the website, not the links from within a Second Life viewer, if you look closely you will see that when you login to the marketplace you are actually logging in to a different subdomain, not the marketplace subdomain (marketplace.secondlife.com). Clicking login, it redirects you to the id.secondlife.com subdomain where you login, and it returns you to the marketplace subdomain. If you click "remember me" it is saving that to id.secondlife.com. 

This process is handled differently on the main Second Life page, so when you login and check remember me it will automate that login until you logout of that account. The marketplace login process, as stated above, is handled in another way. However, even logging in to the main website saves your login data for and to id.secondlife.com. Check your browsers password vault to see how many instances for id.secondlife.com are in there. If you created, logged in, ever as another SL account, there will most likely be more than one listed there. 

Quite simply put, if you have other accounts or alts, have logged into the main Second Life site even one time with the other account(s) (or a someone else used your computer to login to the website or marketplace), then the cookies, the website data, etc., will remember that, and when it goes to the id subdomain to login it doesn't know which one to use, so you are prompted to login again. This is probably the main cause of why "remember me" is useless for so many people when using the SL marketplace.

When you access the MP site directly, once you leave the site, close the browser, have it sitting idle for too long, then the connection that was established between the ID subdomain and the marketplace subdomain basically disconnects and/or expires. Going back to the site from a bookmark you need to remake that connection by logging in.

So, if you access your account dashboard on the Second Life Website, go to the Shopping>Marketplace via the menu you will not (or should not) have to login to the marketplace separately. Your current login data gets passed over to the marketplace subdomain.

Err, usually. *grins*

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:58 PM, LadyCentaur2 said:

too many rerouting to connect

If you have that or something like "too many redirects" than you should try to clear the site cookies. I had to do that 3 times in the last weeks.

For example, for the Firefox Browser, you can click at the lock left of the address, then "clear cookies and site data...".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.