need help for some shape/head/clothes

rubyelena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

Ethnic clothes and skins are a bit of a challenge. As you aren't getting much response in this thread, try a new post and phrase for the title. Maybe "Where can I find asian skin and clothes?" Also... this is SL where your choice of gender is a major option. So, be clear whether you are interested in male or female clothes... or both. Many of us will make a call on how we perceive your name... which I have found is often wrong.

A starting place is the SL Marketplace. Search for 'cheongsam' and notice the designer's names and store names. Look through their stores. Do the same searches in-world.

If you speak an asian language, look for groups for those people and ask there.

Getting a physical (meaning body/face) asian look is challenging. You will likely have to get a lot of different demos and see if you can adjust the shape to get the look you want. A mesh head can only be adjusted so far toward a specific look. So, you have to get a head that can be shaped to what you want. I think Catwa has a head with the best asian eyes and the eyes seem to make 90% of the asian look, IMO. I'm irritated with Catwa (a drama thing) and haven't bought it. I'll get over it someday.

I haven't found a designer that focuses only on asian clothes... well, the modern styles. There are some that do only the older traditional styles of asian clothes. I generally find designers with a few asian style dresses mixed into their line.

Try searching "Asian head" here in the Avatar forum; this has come up before. 

Mudskins is usually mentioned frequently when this topic comes up. Also Mayreal, which I believe is a mesh head brand, if it still exists. I have no personal experience with either. 

I do know that Catwa has at least one Asian head. If you're willing to go to the expense of another head, you could demo it. Skin goes a long way, and you can definitely manipulate the system shape to look at least Asian-inspired with many non-Asian-specific heads, but one purpose built will be easier to work with.

For skins, Pink Fuel has a couple definitely Asian choices and all of her skins have a monolid option. I think I recently saw some good options over at Deetalez, as well, but Mudskins is the most commonly mentioned name for this.

Good luck!

P.S. Most skins I see these days include a shape, so if you love the ad, make sure you try both skin and shape from the demo! Try to see if you can find a note on the ad for what head the skin os made for, since you won't look exactly the same unless you have that head along with the skin and shape. Don't be afraid to mix and match, though! Just because a shape wasn't made for your head doesn't mean it won't look great, and you can edit features you don't like.

I happen to have several avi looks...  For asian type skins I really like MUDSKIN..  They have many skins to choose from if u like their style.  AK heads does have one very nice female head that has an Asian look, sorry i can't remember the name of it.  Also...  Among AK heads the Cleo head can be changed to an Asian look with little effort.  'for clothes I don't know what type of specific style your looking for but the Kawaii style is all over MP.  TOKYO GIRL is a huge store that has clothes, hair and skins.  I do have several CATWA heads and i'm almost 100% certain i did see an Asian style head there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.