Not-so "free" MP store?

Lancewae Barrowstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Several comments on another thread mentioned that account-holders are entitled to a free store on the MP.  I'm curious what "free" means, because also, my understanding is that you can't open a store on MP without providing real world banking, financial info.  Yet, the marketplace only deals in in-game currency ($Lindens), and Tilia requirements of personal financial info (needed for IRS reportings) shouldn't kick in unless there was an actual cash out request.

Just curious about this....

Hi Lancewae

You need a Tilia account to send currency out of second life to your bank account, this is not because Linden Labs wants it, it is because the US law demands it.

So, as far as i know, you do not need to give up personal information to start an MP store, as long as you use the lindens in Second Life, but i could be wrong.

Enjoy SLing :)

Dargo

21 minutes ago, Kardargo Adamczyk said:

as far as i know, you do not need to give up personal information to start an MP store, as long as you use the lindens in Second Life, but i could be wrong.

I tried the process of opening a store myself and the application hangs at the financial information page if you don't fill it out.

2 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

I tried the process of opening a store myself and the application hangs at the financial information page if you don't fill it out.

yes you need payment info on file, that's also clearly mentioned in the requirements. But it doesn't mean the store isn't free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.