avi display on other avi

URUN1488303781

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im pretty sure i have been bugged or something. i got a male avi (with shape, skin,etc. NO BOOBS) but ppl see it as a female avi.  I look fine in my computer but not to everyones else's veiw. this is happening to me recently. I need help to fix this 

its pissing me off!!!!!

You have met Ruth then lol Get used to her, you will see her a lot in SL on both male and female avatars, she is what shows up sometimes instead of the fluffy cloud when your avatar hasn`t downloaded properly.

Try going to your Library clothing folder and dragging any of the avatar folders in there onto your avatar. Once you have rezzed properly as that avatar, you can put back your your normal shape, skin & clothes to change back into you again.

What viewer are you using? You can also try "edit appearance" or "rebake textures". The problem is that "Rebake textures" is sometimes called "Refresh appearance" and other things, and you find it different places in different viewers. That is a thing that should be easier to find. It is really hopeless that they hide it. But I think the shortcut is the same in all viewers, somebody correct me if this isn't right?

Rebake textures: Ctrl-Alt-R. This sometimes helps. Push the combination several times. You can also click on your avatar and choose "Edit appearance" or "Edit my shape" in viewer2. You can just  edit one digit. Let us say your height is 92, set it to 91 and exit. This is sometimes faster than to wear a default avatar and put back all the things that are "you".

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

I have a friend that I see as *ruthed* yet everyone else, including himself, see his avi perfectly fine... why would I be the only one seeing his avi this way?

Wiki

There can be a bug because of the new physics layer.  If you are using an old version of a third party viewer and your friend is wearing something on the physics clothing layer then, in a nut shell, your program does not know how to handle the extra information so it reverts back to default.  Which is Ruth. 

Hmmm, I had thought Phoenix patched that.  My only other guess would be for you to clear cache and then ask your friend to change shapes for you once and then go back to the original one again.

Don't you hate hearing "clear cache" that all the time?  But it fixes a world of problems and in many case it is needed before you can start finding the correct problem to fix.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Hmmm, I had thought Phoenix patched that.  My only other guess would be for you to clear cache and then ask your friend to change shapes for you once and then go back to the original one again.

Don't you hate hearing "clear cache" that all the time?  But it fixes a world of problems and in many case it is needed before you can start finding the correct problem to fix.

I am one to clear my cache each and every time I log out so that I start new next log-in.. and I had him try switching shapes.. the one he switched to loaded perfect, but when he reverted back to his original shape.. Ruth came back to haunt me ;)   ...  but I thank you for the suggestion, I'm hoping it was a temporary glitch and he will be back to normal next time I catch him in world.

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

they are using viewer 2 and I am using the most recent version of phoenix

Most recent version means what? The fixed Phoenix version is 1102, prior release 1050 does
not
include the fix.

I just upgraded to 1102 last night.. so next time I see my friend in-world hopefully he will not be *ruthed* to me any longer.. thank you all for the help.

Wiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.