I need help with buying Eyes...

ProzacGummyBear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I bought these eyes from Beyou Blue Eyes but they look like a flat transfer of the Iris area - i have been watching some youtube tut's and post and everyone has Catwa i think  i have to find  'Mesh eyes' like below where is it a proper 3D eyeball - Do Catwa make eyes? or Do they only make the applier for the item? - And could i get same suggestions on where to look in the Market store please?  - Edit i just found this YT tut :D hmmm -

Edited by ProzacGummyBear

Hi Pamela I am about in go into the inworld store it will be my first time there. 

-Edit - in the Store i saw the Catwa Applier but it said Gift and when i hovered over only option getting teleported me into the next showroom for other stuff.

2 hours ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

I bought these eyes from Beyou Blue Eyes but they look like a flat transfer of the Iris area -

sounds like you bought textures for system eyes, or the creator made a mistake and didn't add the applier?
The content of the package also doesn't mention appliers...

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Now after trying a sellers item Luminous Eyes Demo i have learn how to adjust the Mesh eyes. There a file to hide the 'System eyes' but it just made a clear lens shape like a oval for the Demo eyes but when editing i could see the SE under the Demo eyes. ** If i buy Luminous Eyes would the System eyes disappear?  I don't think they 3D into of the skull  * Are 3D eyeballs a thing or are they all just lens? **

I have no idea about the ones you posted there, but Mayfly has the type of eyes you're after. Each pack includes both mesh eyes and system eyes, and there's an alpha included to hide your system eyes if you're using the mesh ones. The mesh ones are not rigged so they can be repositioned and work with any head. And they have about a gazillion different colours. There's a freebie in store which is basically a wearable demo so you can try them out.

• Like 2

Here's an idea for eyes. Go on the MP and find some gacha ones.
Eyes can be a few hundred L$ new, but gacha ones on the MP, specially if they came out a year or two ago can be had easily for under 100L$, you can even find top quality ones for as little as 20L$.
Then it's only a matter of adjusting them to your head, which should be easy enough.

Avoid anything fancy that tries to simulate iris opening and closing, those either warp the texture (which to me looks disturbing) or they use layers of mesh which will bug out with glasses, specially sun ones.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ProzacGummyBear said:

Now after trying a sellers item Luminous Eyes Demo i have learn how to adjust the Mesh eyes. There a file to hide the 'System eyes' but it just made a clear lens shape like a oval for the Demo eyes but when editing i could see the SE under the Demo eyes. ** If i buy Luminous Eyes would the System eyes disappear?  I don't think they 3D into of the skull  * Are 3D eyeballs a thing or are they all just lens? **

I am pretty sure those are Mayfly eyes. I have been using Mayfly eyes with my Letluka head for oh so many years. Other folks including ones with Catwa also use mesh eyes instead of appliers for the Catwa head (or others). You should see this in the Catwa head folder. Wear it and then wear your mesh eyes of choice.

image.png.4719023761a84acafc3ea8327064c598.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heyas. I use Lotus Eyes unrigged and attached to my nose ^^ enlarged them a bit and added some shine and bam :3 I found them much more beautiful than either Catwa or Genus or anything else out there IMO. 

genus babyface WL test 2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilanachristina/

This is her official Flickr. I firmly believe she's got the most realistic eyes out there.. She also makes appliers for most heads but I like the unrigged eyeballs best :D Pluuus I never had the eye issues with Genus heads this way. *mew*

Edited by ErukaVonD
tiny typo :3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.