Can You Lose Items In The Sandbox?

WilliamJL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, WilliamJL said:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you rez something like a car in the sandbox, can someone come and take it away from you for good? Meaning, can you lose items in it and not have them come back to your inventory?

No. The only way you can have someone take one of your objects for good from a sandbox is if you rez it as a no-copy and transferable item and tick the for sale box in the build menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No. Even if it is no-copy, it will come back to you when the sandbox auto-return kicks in (typically four hours). But it will go back into your Lost and Found folder, not the folder it originally came from. So if you are missing something that you left in a sandbox, look in your Lost and Found.

IF you rez a no-copy item in a private sandbox with '0' autoreturn and then get banned from that location and any regions that can cam into it - then you could lose an item.

a42bfb079a46f000007a15e7bfbe4f68.png

- That's a nearly non-existent scenario.

There is also a chance of rezzing a no-copy item in a region that goes offline without being 'unmade' first. I forget how this occurs, but it is a little more common. Basically when an entire region is closed down in such a way that Linden Lab packs it up rather than unbuilds it.

Also rare but it can happen; Rez a no-copy item then the region crashes without a state-save.  I fell victim to this once when a person with nefarious intent crashed a simulator I was building in.  I lost a no-copy chair.  I felt like somebody took it away from me but they didn't get to keep it either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WilliamJL said:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you rez something like a car in the sandbox, can someone come and take it away from you for good? Meaning, can you lose items in it and not have them come back to your inventory?

No copy items if lost will not be returned. If I remember right.

5 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

No copy items if lost will not be returned. If I remember right.

They do; I've had no-copy items returned before; in at least one case as a coalesced lump that I had to rez in a sandbox and sort out.

It's deeded (to group) no-copy items that get deleted. But a person is unlikely to rez in a sandbox and then deed an item to the sandbox group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.