Neutral bento animation?

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a "neutral bento animation" which just resets all joints to a normal standing at rest position? I have some things which run sequences of animations which only animate some joints, and the end result after running all of them is off. So I need a reset pose which sets all the bento joints to a reasonable starting position.

10 hours ago, Zak Westminster said:

If you are using Firestorm then Avatar > Avatar Health > Undeform Avatar is your friend there - pretty sure other viewers will have something similar.

Oh, sorry, this is for animesh. So I need a pose as an animation file.

I think it would be best to arrange such poses in a layer fashion, to take care of the individual body sections. So one idle pose for the hands, one for the face and, if in use, one for tail, hind legs, wings and the additional spine bones. It depends from the type of character this is for, and a generic npc animation controller script would be better to account for those as an option. 

Why not a single animation file? Because you can't possibly know what works best for each section on every possible type of character and besides, the idle animations can be more easily switched if need be, creating the chance for additional motion and variation.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.