vanilla prepaid card

neil0987

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi ,can some one help me please ,if i try load a vanilla prepaid master card ,they never work but a visa one does ,why is this ,.the problem being at the moment ,where i am we can not get vanilla prepaid as i am told there is a problem with them .thank you very much 

8 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, neil0987 said:

hi ,can some one help me please ,if i try load a vanilla prepaid master card ,they never work but a visa one does ,why is this ,.the problem being at the moment ,where i am we can not get vanilla prepaid as i am told there is a problem with them .thank you very much 

Prepaid cards don't work.  You will have more luck with paypal or a credit card.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, neil0987 said:

,so why

answer me this:
why can't i pay in € in a USA shop, and not with $ in a Dutch store? ... simple, because they don't accept that currency... so also with cards in SL ... some are taken, but most prepaids are nót

read the post, your answer is there about what to use.
Tie your prepaid to paypal, verify it and you can use it.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

15 hours ago, neil0987 said:

darn obviously to technical for all the techy's out there in sl 

you need to chill on this,  The processor on the backend of the card could easily of blocked the vanilla mastercards from being used in SL because of fraud at some point, so blaming people or others on the reason why, is one that you could have to call the card issuer on the back side of the card and see if they have a physical block on it.

The visa prepaid card issuer might not of had any problems and have not had a need to block SL from their list of approved places.

Visa and mastercard and the banks and institutions behind them are all different companies.

22 hours ago, neil0987 said:

Maybe too techinical to expect you to read 

Most importantly  

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

and then there is always..

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following numbers:

• US/Canada (toll free): 800-294-1067
  • Long distance (not toll free): 703-286-6277

Our Billing team is available from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, neil0987 said:
On 10/26/2019 at 8:08 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Prepaid cards don't work.  You will have more luck with paypal or a credit card.

hi jeremy ,so why does the vanilla visa prepaid work and not the vanilla master card please answer that one thanks

Cindy provided a link to a Knowledgebase article that Jeremy Linden had written.  Jeremy did not respond to you and it is highly unlikely that he'll even see this thread, let alone your comment.

22 hours ago, neil0987 said:

Possibly, based on your grammar, you are having difficulty understanding what was written in the article, so I'll try to explain it more.  Cindy posted the relevant part of the article:

image.png.e0b9dfa1fdff1f110a3d1102f50eb71c.png

The key word that answers your question about why one works and the other doesn't, is highlighted -- The MAJORITY of prepaid cards are not compatible.  Majority does NOT mean ALL, but it does mean MOST.   As Alwin said, some are taken, but most are not.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.