Advanced shape sculpting metod

BerryRoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the meshes appeared in the sl, this has significantly improved the shape of the body.

But there are still parts that are very difficult to fine-tune or change. 
I spent a lot of time studying the forum and similar problems, their solutions. 
Most of all, my legs bother me. I am a fan of the natural athletic female body shape. I use the original slink physics body, and it's perfect for it except legs.

The bones are arranged so, that there are no separate controllers for regulating the length of the thigh and calves of the legs, 
the length of the legs varies proportionally and not everything is good with the proportions

- thigh part too long 
- almost no calf volume

All this makes them quite subtle and not natural.

I make a proportionate shape, playing with bodyfat, thickness and etc.
on this pic, u can see proportions, everything looks normlal via back and front view, but as we look from a side there is our volume problem

2ff571f50f9610c37e32e5be1077d20b.png

Due to the peculiarities of bones and volume by standard shape controllers, this cannot be corrected.
There are local solutions like morphs, EREDITA for example, they really helped to fit perfectly many parameters.

Can anyone explain how they work?
Eredita writes that morphs will push the local part of the body. Cant find any ifo about it, is it rig manual adjustment?

I wanna try make something to fix calf volume somehow, any ideas?
- could morphs helps to affect volume on that part?
- coult it be applied mesh calves/ lower legs part, if i want to create it?

what do u think?

Look at Belleza Venus, it hs the best legs of every mesh body I have or demoed. Maitreya, Slink, Eve, Tonic... all have "chicken" legs (very European-looking) - obviously it is my personal taste and desired for that look. The new TMP Legacy has decent legs. The Belleza Venus legs are the most "Asian" and will work well for an athletic look, also.

Edited by Alyona Su

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Look at Belleza Venus, it hs the best legs of every mesh body I have or demoed. Maitreya, Slink, Eve, Tonic... all have "chicken" legs (very European-looking) - obviously it is my personal taste and desired for that look. The new TMP Legacy has decent legs. The Belleza Venus legs are the most "Asian" and will work well for an athletic look, also.

Thanks, i'm satisfied by my slink body and don't wanna change it, but looking for tools which can affect on this parts of body shape if they exist) If not, i will create deformers or mesh parts by my self, just don't know yet what options will work.

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

Are you talking about making a deformer?

Yeah, can someone point me tuts or info about it, want figure out how it works and try out

18 hours ago, BerryRoll said:

wanna try make something to fix calf volume somehow, any ideas?
- could morphs helps to affect volume on that part?
- coult it be applied mesh calves/ lower legs part, if i want to create it?

A deformer is basically an object that affects joint positions. So what you can get from it is to change proportions of lengths and positioning of body parts. Volume is assigned to collision volume joints scale AND position, but while the latter can be set to make a deformer, the former can't because it's hard-coded driven by the shape sliders. So it is just a matter of trying how it works on your specific mesh body's calves, because in the end it all boils down to how the collision volume was weighted... But generally speaking, I would not expect that to work on any. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.