Tell me about (human) clubs with actual chat and activity

Cinos Field

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, dear SL.

I'm a furry about 99% of the time, but I've decided to explore the other side of SL a little in my fancy new skinsuit. Now, the problem is that I can't find any even relatively decent places to hang out at! The problem is that most are... just gesture spam, or just sex. I'm fine with adult activity, but ideally a lounge or club should be more than just naked people and poseballs, right? Plus being able to have relatively smart conversations with people is a must.

I've just not been able to find any, and the ones I've been recommended in-world have exorbitant join fees (between 1000 and 2500 lindens... to join a club? what. That's completely unheard of on the furry end of things. The people are the content!)

So, any and all recommendations welcome.

Edited by Cinos Field

what kind of smart conversations are you wanting ?

i am at a club now. Olivia the DJ is playing mostly hip hop country.  Oliva is an Aussie, plays quite a few different clubs and genres

there is about 24 people here. About half of them are chatting away in the open. Most of it is the kind of convo heard in a RL bar. People saying hi to each. Being cheeky to their friends. Talking about what they ate for dinner. Moaning about the storm/sun/wet/dry weather in their RL location. Complimenting others on new hair, new boots, new anything. Some are txt singing the songs as well. And 3 are having a convo about kush, bong and monk, which I haven't really yet worked out whatever it is they are going on about

Free places I am not entirely sure. I haven't been out in ages. I think the reason a lot of places charge is to detour griefers. If you like dancing and music I would say give Frank's Place Elite Club a shot. They are a formal club and play jazz and all sorts of music there and have live singer acts and stuff. It's a very classy place. They do not allow gesture spamming there and I have always had decent conversations when I have attended events. :)

People are respectful, the ladies act like ladies and the gentlemen act like gentlemen, and it's to be honest one of the very few on an extremely short list of places I'd go to and the only place I can think of where they don't spam gestures. Some times they have their quiet moments though, but that's usually when it's late. It's also my first place of choice when I want my SL wife to dress up and go dancing with me so I can remind her what a classy lady she is and ain't got to take crap off nobody. Even if sometimes that means including me. lol ;)

It is 1k to join and I know that's not what your looking for, but you seem like a really sweet person and it's your first time out and I'd rather you have a positive experience and also you caught me in a giving mood. So if money is the issue just get at me in PM and let me know when your online and I'll hook you up. I am lycan so that kind of makes me half furry in a sense so ya got me in the soft spot today cousin. lol :D

P.S. Before anybody posts it because I know on these forums there is a good strong chance that somebody will. Let me stop you now. Don't even ask. I ain't Daddy Warbucks over here. Lmao!!!! :P

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I went to a place recently that I happened to find in Events. It was a smaller club called The Willows. They do themes there every night and people dress in costumes - or at least dress to suit the themes. The people were actually super friendly. They say hi to you and welcome you when you go through the door. I was invited to dance on a couple of huds (which was kind of cool because I went there solo). There are some gestures but just small ones like a "woohoo" or an "I love this song" - most are just one liners so that really didn't bother me (those full page gestures make me leave anywhere FAST). There was pretty much a constant flow of conversation. Not heavy stuff, just fun like chatting with your friends and listening to music, and lots of laughing. And the music was really good. When I went it was a 60's and British Invasion theme but they told me they do a bit of everything from oldies to 80's to country, depending on the night. They have a formal night once a week too. I think they said Saturday. They are open 7pm to 11pm Second Life time. I know I'm definitely going to go back and check it out again. If you search The Willows in Events, you do find them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.