Problems with arrows

Gabbia Barbosa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All of a sudden yesterday, I am unable to walk forward or backward, even using the arrow keys in our second life ....and of course my arrow keys on laptop.  I can walk to one side or the other and that is all.  I installed the New firestorm and still the same thing...  just walk to one side or other side...not forward or backward, nor I cannot even fly.  

11 answers to this question

• Have you recently installed any software or set up any key shortcuts using the up and down arrow keys?
  • If you enable WASD key movement in your Preferences, do the W and S keys move you forward and backward?
  • I'm not sure I understood your original post...do you mean that neither the arrow keys on the keyboard, or the up and down arrow keys on the on-screen movement control palette work?
Edited by Lindal Kidd

Here is something you could try.

Firestorm will back up all its settings for EACH account, separately.  You could back up the account settings for the alt account that is responding correctly to the movement controls, and then log into your problem account and restore its settings, using the settings you backed up from your alt's account.

In Firestorm there is a Move Lock (Ctrl-Alt-P or menu Avatar->Movement->MoveLock). But, this generally blocks all AWSD movement... The setting is a per avatar setting.

A way laggy connection or a region that has a poor connection can block AWSD movement while allowing the avatar to spin in place using the AD keys. I have seen this problem apply to one avatar in the region and not another. So, I assume something in the frozen avatar's connection didn't connect. A relog or two generally solves that problem.

That you can move sideways but not forward and backward... that is new to me.

Make sure your problem avatar has disabled all its Gestures (Ctrl-G). Vehicles and other things can add gestures that take over the AWSD keys.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.