Using lower body textures

asmcriminal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

A skin comprises three textures; upper body, lower body and head/face. You need all three to make a whole skin; ideally all three made by the same creator and designed to go together, to ensure seamless blending at the neck and waist.

If you have a mesh body only, but no mesh head, your face will be whatever system skin you are wearing underneath the body. To change your face, you just change the system skin; this will have no effect on your mesh body (provided that you are not using the Bakes on Mesh feature - which you clearly aren't at present).

If you have a separate mesh head, there will be a default skin supplied with it. You can either stick with that, or get an applier to change it. Or, if you have a full-perm mesh head (similar to your full-perm mesh body) you can just put a head texture on it in exactly the same way that you are putting upper and lower body textures on your mesh body.

Okay thanks. I guess what I am trying to ask is if I buy a head does the face comes with it? (a non-full-perm mesh)

1 hour ago, asmcriminal said:

I buy a head does the face comes with it? (a non-full-perm mesh)

If you buy a (non full-permission) mesh head then there will usually be a HUD that comes with it. This HUD will usually contain a set of default skintones for the head. For the major mesh head brands these skintones often match to mesh body applier skintones from a specific store. Two examples from major mesh head brands:

• a male mesh head from Catwa will contain head applier skintones in its HUD that match body applier skintones from Clef de Peau (although those specific Clef de Peau body skintones are now only available from a vendor in the Catwa store)
  • a male mesh head from Lelutka will contain head applier skintones in its HUD that match body applier skintones from Tableau Vivant

However, before you purchase any mesh head based on the above you need to check which mesh bodies those body appliers will go onto. For the vast majority of male body appliers those will be the following brands:

• Signature
  • Belleza
  • Slink

They may also have Omega body appliers that will apply to any mesh body, as long as you have the relevant Omega body relay or installer HUD. (Relay HUD must be worn any time you apply an Omega applier, installer must be worn once and clicked to install Omega compatibility, then can be removed). For example: an Omega body skin will apply to the Belleza 'Jake' body as long as you've used the Omega installer kit for Belleza to install Omega compatiblity into that body. For an Omega applier to work on the Slink 'Physique' body you'll need the Omega installer kit for Slink, etc.

You can also, of course, buy any other body and head skin appliers from third party skin creators. There are hundreds of them out there, so you're not limited to the skins that come with your mesh body and head.

For the purpose of giving a quick reply here I won't go into too much detail about this, but there is also the new Bakes on Mesh [BOM] ability, which allows you to 'bake' your underlying system skin onto your mesh body and head. For that you will need a mesh body/head combination that either has native BOM support, or you'll need to use a relay of some kind to apply the special 'bake' textures to the mesh. This could be either one issued specifically by that body/head's creator(s), or an Omega BOM relay (for which you will need the relevant Omega installers or relays for the head/body brands that you want to apply it to).

You will not find any skin creators who make skin appliers for the full permission mesh avatar that you've shown in this thread. The vast majority of them create only for the major mesh brands listed above.

Edited by Skell Dagger

4 hours ago, asmcriminal said:

I am going to reply to all of your posts here. Yes, I do understand the instruction(I am a software engineer).  I was just wondering where the face came from. I am not trying to do anything. I bought a non mesh full avatar.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/u-clips-Jordan-male-avatar-full-permission/5158324

Then I bought the mesh body that this post is originally about. I put my mesh avatar over that non mesh full avatar.

Software engineer is not relevant to this. Have you done any homework befor buying? Maybe you think that because you are a software engineer, this would be easy and well... your posts and the review you left on the Marketplace for the mesh body strongly suggests that you are not better or worse than any newbie.

You buy things without demos and trust the short information in the ads. And reviews from 2013, that is like ancient, in SL.

If you can find the relevant information about BoM and turn it on, then the Jordan male avatar skin will be baked on your mesh body, with no neck seam and no difference between head and body.* If or when you buy a mesh head, you buy a compatible with BoM mesh head, try its demo and see how you like the way your skin is baked on the face.

*This information may be wrong, since you bought a body that is not known to me or anyone who has read the thread. I can not say other things than what the ad says, that it is BoM ready and that it fits mesh heads. The old skin you bought, will not sit nice on your mesh body fingers and toes. I can say the skin is old because the reviews is from 2013. The skin store has outdated merchandise.

I will strongly suggest that you set your avatar up for BoM from the start, so you don't have to use appliers. With BoM, you can buy a skin, hairbase, beards and tattoos, and only click on "add" or "wear" in your inventory. No Huds to attach or layers to turn on or off.

Instead of buying things first and ask what to do later, I will suggest that you stop buying things without a demo, and don't think that expensive = the best. Without a demo - in SL it means that the creator will not let you try before you buy, and what does it say about his product?

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info + grammar
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

If you buy a (non full-permission) mesh head then there will usually be a HUD that comes with it. This HUD will usually contain a set of default skintones for the head. For the major mesh head brands these skintones often match to mesh body applier skintones from a specific store. Two examples from major mesh head brands:

• a male mesh head from Catwa will contain head applier skintones in its HUD that match body applier skintones from Clef de Peau (although those specific Clef de Peau body skintones are now only available from a vendor in the Catwa store)
  • a male mesh head from Lelutka will contain head applier skintones in its HUD that match body applier skintones from Tableau Vivant

However, before you purchase any mesh head based on the above you need to check which mesh bodies those body appliers will go onto. For the vast majority of male body appliers those will be the following brands:

• Signature
  • Belleza
  • Slink

They may also have Omega body appliers that will apply to any mesh body, as long as you have the relevant Omega body relay or installer HUD. (Relay HUD must be worn any time you apply an Omega applier, installer must be worn once and clicked to install Omega compatibility, then can be removed). For example: an Omega body skin will apply to the Belleza 'Jake' body as long as you've used the Omega installer kit for Belleza to install Omega compatiblity into that body. For an Omega applier to work on the Slink 'Physique' body you'll need the Omega installer kit for Slink, etc.

You can also, of course, buy any other body and head skin appliers from third party skin creators. There are hundreds of them out there, so you're not limited to the skins that come with your mesh body and head.

For the purpose of giving a quick reply here I won't go into too much detail about this, but there is also the new Bakes on Mesh [BOM] ability, which allows you to 'bake' your underlying system skin onto your mesh body and head. For that you will need a mesh body/head combination that either has native BOM support, or you'll need to use a relay of some kind to apply the special 'bake' textures to the mesh. This could be either one issued specifically by that body/head's creator(s), or an Omega BOM relay (for which you will need the relevant Omega installers or relays for the head/body brands that you want to apply it to).

You will not find any skin creators who make skin appliers for the full permission mesh avatar that you've shown in this thread. The vast majority of them create only for the major mesh brands listed above.

Thanks for your information. I greatly appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Software engineer is not relevant to this. Have you done any homework befor buying? Maybe you think that because you are a software engineer, this would be easy and well... your posts and the review you left on the Marketplace for the mesh body strongly suggests that you are not better or worse than any newbie.

You buy things without demos and trust the short information in the ads. And reviews from 2013, that is like ancient, in SL.

If you can find the relevant information about BoM and turn it on, then the Jordan male avatar skin will be baked on your mesh body, with no neck seam and no difference between head and body.* If or when you buy a mesh head, you buy a compatible with BoM mesh head, try its demo and see how you like the way your skin is baked on the face.

*This information may be wrong, since you bought a body that is not known to me or anyone who has read the thread. I can not say other things than what the ad says, that it is BoM ready and that it fits mesh heads. The old skin you bought, will not sit nice on your mesh body fingers and toes. I can say the skin is old because the reviews is from 2013. The skin store has outdated merchandise.

I will strongly suggest that you set your avatar up for BoM from the start, so you don't have to use appliers. With BoM, you can buy a skin, hairbase, beards and tattoos, and only click on "add" or "wear" in your inventory. No Huds to attach or layers to turn on or off.

Instead of buying things first and ask what to do later, I will suggest that you stop buying things without a demo, and don't think that expensive = the best. Without a demo - in SL it means that the creator will not let you try before you buy, and what does it say about his product?

Software Engineering(Computer Science) is very relevant.  I do understand software. But my comment wasn't so much about that. It was more about being persistence, learning, accomplish and achieving what you want. In other words, solving the problem. My problem is solved.  Yes, I bought a non-demo product, and used multiple parts and I got it working. This is what I was talking about. My review was based on lack of instructions. That's not in me,  but the developer of the avatar.

I am here trying to learn, I am curious. But I appreciate that you brought to my attention if I purchase something again I should find a product with a demo.  I am familiar with BoM(never used it).  As I staed earlier, the main reason I went with these products is because they're copyable and transferable. Sometimes I change accounts, or I have accounts for diffrent things. I still want people to recognize me(I am not hiding) I use the same avatar on multiple accounts. Most things are not copyable or transferable. I am currently happy with my avatar and I don't see myself changing it anytime soon. I will keep the Jordon mesh thing in mind if I ever need or want to change my avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.