How do I delete Photos I have uploaded to the forum?

Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK, team mates.  I'm stuck.  We can all upload photos to post in forum threads.  They accumulate in an area labeled "Attachments".  I don't think I ever knew until tonight that there's a limit to how many photos we can upload, but apparently there is.  So... once we hit the limit (I just did), how do we remove ones that we no longer need?  I don't want to delete posts, just empty photos from my "Attachments" that I no longer need. I can't find instructions anywhere.  Does anyone have a clue?

6 answers to this question

OMG!  And here I have been making a hobby of finding funny or illustrative images and attaching them.  Yikes!

EDIT:  I just tried going to the post the picture appears in, Inspecting the HTML and deleting the reference to the image therein.  That removes the picture from the post, but not from my Attachments library.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OMG!  And here I have been making a hobby of finding funny or illustrative images and attaching them.  Yikes!

EDIT:  I just tried going to the post the picture appears in, Inspecting the HTML and deleting the reference to the image therein.  That removes the picture from the post, but not from my Attachments library.

Yup, that's all I could do too.  However .... this morning I can upload photos again.  The mystery is not solved, but my panic level has dropped.  Either I was doing something stupid last night ( unthinkable!) or SL was just up to another of its unannounced tricks.  For now, disaster has been averted.  If it happens again, I'll raise a fresh alarm. 

Thanks, Lindal. ;)

I've always assumed there was no limit on forum image storage as until the post goes away the image should remain. The Lindens seems to archive forum posts forever.

I tend to use Flickr for those images I plan to share here or elsewhere. So, I have very few in the Forum Attachments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.