Anybody Ever Get A Process Credit in Under 5 Days?

Crim Mip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The process credit information says it takes 2-5 days. Has anyone ever actually had it take less than the full 5 days? It's a simple digital transfer to Paypal. The only reason I can see for any delay is so LL can get some small additional interest on the funds. If they are going to charge 5% to do it, it should be done within 24 hours. I guarantee I don't get 5 extra days to process the bill to pay my land tier. *venting done*

It varies, how often, how much and how regularly is definitely a factor.

The most likely reason it takes a while is that whatever they use to evaluate the "trust" level of your account is telling them to run a full check or something.

This has always been an asymetric process because companies are usually expected to receive payments for their services, when it comes to individuals, that's relatively rare. Anything that is considered exceptional in the system typically requires more red tape on one side or the other.

14 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

It varies, how often, how much and how regularly is definitely a factor.

The most likely reason it takes a while is that whatever they use to evaluate the "trust" level of your account is telling them to run a full check or something.

This has always been an asymetric process because companies are usually expected to receive payments for their services, when it comes to individuals, that's relatively rare. Anything that is considered exceptional in the system typically requires more red tape on one side or the other.

That makes sense though I wish they could just tell you up front or give an indication that it was going to take the full time because of X reason. I don't mind the fact that it's taking the full time (other than it may not be done before the 3 day weekend) as much as the lack of any communication as to where the progress is other than 'in progress'. I guarantee that any red tape is on LL's end. Paypal doesn't care where the money is coming from as long as they get a chance to charge a fee on it. Maybe Tilia/LL will get it together to the point they will be able to do direct deposit to bank accounts at some point. I'd certainly prefer that than having to deal with Paypal as a middleman.

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, I have many times. Two days for sure but not less than that if I am remembering correctly.

Even my last two process credits before Tilia took over officially were only a couple of days. 

I can say the same. I have had one in the past few years that got a bit stuck and lasted a bit longer but usually it is a little under 2 days.

9 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

That makes sense though I wish they could just tell you up front or give an indication that it was going to take the full time because of X reason. I don't mind the fact that it's taking the full time (other than it may not be done before the 3 day weekend) as much as the lack of any communication as to where the progress is other than 'in progress'. I guarantee that any red tape is on LL's end. Paypal doesn't care where the money is coming from as long as they get a chance to charge a fee on it. Maybe Tilia/LL will get it together to the point they will be able to do direct deposit to bank accounts at some point. I'd certainly prefer that than having to deal with Paypal as a middleman.

I'd suspect they can't tell you that either.

Paypal absolutely care about the type of busness you are doing and will kick you out if they don't like it.

LL also has to abid with the US tax system, fraud prevention and anti money laundering laws which is why everyone who receive a steady income from SL has had to file a bunch of paperwork.

It has occasionally taken longer but for me the usual average is 3-4 business days. On one occasion they surprised me by accomplishing it in two, which I particularly remember because I needed those funds in a hurry to replace a piece of kit before the next time I was booked to use it - If the stars were going to align at all, that was definitely the time for it to happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.