Strange Object

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning when I logged into my home there was an object in my living room.  It looked like a pair of gold ring bands, although large.  They seemed to be entwined.  The moment I fully arrived it shot around the room once and then flew through the wall and was gone.  I checked the radar and there was no one else around.

What was this thing?  I have been in SL for over 13 years and never saw anything like this before.

More seriously... it's possible somebody was around at the moment you logged in. It sounds to me like what you may have seen was somebody's attachments 'floating' around before they had fully rezzed for you, like a set or bracelets or rings. Sometimes these attachments can be huge before they finally settle down in their correct positions on the avatar. They possibly teleported away before you got the chance to look around on your radar.

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 6

It could’ve been some kind of object someone was playing around with nearby. If you have land, I find that people will wander in all the time.

A few weeks ago, I logged out around 11pm. I forgot something and logged back in around 11:20 really quick. I noticed my local chat was just going...like someone was having a conversation. 

They weren't in my house, but they had to be nearby. So I start camming around and there’s two women standing outside my house. The dialogue went something like this:

Woman 1: Are you sure we should be doing this?

Woman 2: It’s fine, nobody is ever here. My wormhole calculations indicate this land was abandoned.

Woman 1: Um actually, someone does live here. She just logged in.

Woman 2: Oh ****! Back to the wormhole!

*an animation of a wormhole pops up, the two women animate running into the wormhole and it disappears*

While they’re doing this, I’m poking through their profiles. Woman 2 was a creator and she obviously created an object that teleports you to random locations. Woman 1 was a generic SL profile.

I must’ve logged on in the middle of someone’s RP. By the time I was typing, “Hi, can I help you?” They were gone. It cracked me up, but you’d be surprised at what happens in places people simply have access to.

8FFBBD5D-8561-45F7-AFAC-2AD0A72E0C93.jpeg

Edited by janetosilio
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, wesleytron said:

More seriously... it's possible somebody was around at the moment you logged in. It sounds to me like what you may have seen was somebody's attachments 'floating' around before they had fully rezzed for you, like a set or bracelets or rings. Sometimes these attachments can be huge before they finally settle down in their correct positions on the avatar. They possibly teleported away before you got the chance to look around on your radar.

This makes perfect sense.  But it was so weird and I have never seen anything like it before.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.