Long hair, flat chest?

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any hair makers out there who rig long mesh hair for female avatars with flat chest? Or anyone making bento hair that responds to the breast size sliders?

They all seem to have too much room in the front, and all my old long styles rigged for male avatars have too much space in the back. So far I've been avoiding the issue by choosing styles that don't drape over the front, but this is significantly limiting my options. 

• Like 1

Like Morena I would be more inclined to try a style intended for a male avatar. Suitable long styles seem few and far between at the moment. no.match is a good suggestion.  I am not large chested in SL but have the same problem, I either have to go for an older style that is unrigged or a small by most makers where the hair still often sticks out in front of me as if resting on some imaginary lolas. I get round this by choosing a style that goes around the side, like Leah by Entwined which is one of my staple hairs. A few of my male avatar friends wear a lot of Dela styles. That's not a brand I have tried but may be worth trying out a few demo's?

Edited by Evarne

17 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Are there any hair makers out there who rig long mesh hair for female avatars with flat chest? Or anyone making bento hair that responds to the breast size sliders?

They all seem to have too much room in the front, and all my old long styles rigged for male avatars have too much space in the back. So far I've been avoiding the issue by choosing styles that don't drape over the front, but this is significantly limiting my options. 

I doubt bento hair will exist that totally react to sliders... the bento strands won't react to anything but their original rigging - this will always risk clipping.

• Like 1

When I'm wearing the Tonic Fine body, I can't wear long hair styles wear the hair hangs down in front because of the excessive extra space between the chest and the hair.  While I consider it more of a work around than a solution, when I wear that body, I've started wearing long hair that comes with a styling HUD where you can choose to wear the hair just hanging down in the back and not in the front.  I'm not a huge shopper familiar with all kinds of brands, but the hair brands that I've commonly found those types of styling HUD's for have been Mina and Truth. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

When I'm wearing the Tonic Fine body, I can't wear long hair styles wear the hair hangs down in front because of the excessive extra space between the chest and the hair.  While I consider it more of a work around than a solution, when I wear that body, I've started wearing long hair that comes with a styling HUD where you can choose to wear the hair just hanging down in the back and not in the front.  I'm not a huge shopper familiar with all kinds of brands, but the hair brands that I've commonly found those types of styling HUD's for have been Mina and Truth. 

This the problem I have the most. I'm wearing a Stealthic hair at the moment which I love. The view from the front I really like but from the side looks bizarre due to the gap ...

I think I spend more time on MP looking for hair than every other thing combined x 10 and I am never completely satisfied. Sadly I do not have the talent to have a go at it myself so rely on the skills of those who do. It must be nigh on impossible to cater for everyone but the introduction of style huds has been a leap forward. I'm sure those that can do will get it down to a perfect art in time. I remember years ago looking at prim hair at Freebie Dungeon so I am not really complaining 😁

gappy.png

1 hour ago, Evarne said:

Like Morena I would be more inclined to try a style intended for a male avatar. Suitable long styles seem few and far between at the moment. no.match is a good suggestion.  I am not large chested in SL but have the same problem, I either have to go for an older style that is unrigged or a small by most makers where the hair still often sticks out in front of me as if resting on some imaginary lolas. I get round this by choosing a style that goes around the side, like Leah by Entwined which is one of my staple hairs. A few of my male avatar friends wear a lot of Dela styles. That's not a brand I have tried but may be worth trying out a few demo's?

I already have tons of long hair for male avatars but the rigging is completely different - they fit fine at the front but the gap at the back is actually bigger than the front gap on "busty" hair. 

I've got several styles by No Match which I really love, and most styles come with one rigged for guys and one for girls, and now neither of them fit, except for the shorter styles.

Maybe what I really need is male hair that all drapes to the front, with none at the back... 😄 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Matty, take a look at Dura's unisex styles. They now include a styling HUD to allow you to wear the long sections of hair either front or back, and their textures are gorgeous.

Oooh thanks for the suggestion. I haven't looked at their stuff since flexi days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.