How to get rid of advertising on the TV screen

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There's a Smart Bots advertisement coming through the wall side of my parcel home, to find a way to get it off

my TV screen while viewing YOU TUBE. Contacting has not been good, to get a response.

Can Second life Answers solve this minor dilemma of contacting someone, to "re-position" the advertisement?1311583871_SmartBotAdvertisement.thumb.PNG.c0626c747baf7dd4a9c4b0d8c87519e1.PNG

4 answers to this question

I'm going to guess that you are renting your home.  The landlord has a Smartbot.  I am a landlord, and I have one of these too, to act as a group inviter when someone rents one of my properties.  (Although why they should have a payment terminal next to your home, I have NO idea!)

In any case, things like vendors, payment terminals, and rental boxes often have floating text displayed above them.  This text can be seen through walls, if the item is close to the wall.  You can ask your landlord to either reposition the payment terminal, or tell it to hide its floating text, if it has that option.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 7:32 AM, Mollymews said:

in Firestorm, then use your camera to find the Smartbots Payment Terminal on the other side of the wall.  Then right-click on it and Derender + Blacklist. This should hide the text leaking thru the wall

You can derender temporary with your viewer. [Link]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.