got full charge for annual(99) even when I renewed 15 days ago

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The limited-time opportunity for existing Premium members to lock in their current rates for one more billing cycle, including extending an existing monthly to use the current full year rate by upgrading now to annual is now available on the premium page. Simply renew before June 24th to extend your current Membership at the same low rate. For example, monthly members will be billed at the lower rate for one more monthly billing cycle, while annual members may renew (or monthly users may upgrade to annual) early to add one more year to your existing Membership at the current lower rate. If you have any trouble accessing the website, please note that it may be due to an increase in traffic and that the option will be available until the end of the day on June 24th.

Did I do something wrong? I did the renewal around june 18 and got charged last night but when I checked they charged me the new fare of US 99 instead of 72 like they promised.

fares.png

35 minutes ago, White Platini said:

The limited-time opportunity for existing Premium members to lock in their current rates for one more billing cycle, including extending an existing monthly to use the current full year rate by upgrading now to annual is now available on the premium page. Simply renew before June 24th to extend your current Membership at the same low rate. For example, monthly members will be billed at the lower rate for one more monthly billing cycle, while annual members may renew (or monthly users may upgrade to annual) early to add one more year to your existing Membership at the current lower rate. If you have any trouble accessing the website, please note that it may be due to an increase in traffic and that the option will be available until the end of the day on June 24th.

Did I do something wrong? I did the renewal around june 18 and got charged last night but when I checked they charged me the new fare of US 99 instead of 72 like they promised.

fares.png

something cleary went wrong, because if you did the old price payment you did that instantly at the date you picked that choice.
Perhaps clicked the old price but didn't confirm it?
Check your usd transactions to see if you paid that date too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, White Platini said:

Clearly I did hit ok since it charged me now, I was already premium, wasnt supposed to charge me until the 5th like it always has been for me(i think) since 2005.

no, the prepay for the old level was taken directly after picking it, it didn't follow the old billingcycle, but does follow the renewal cycle after the period ends

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, White Platini said:

why it charged me now then? makes no sense if they wont respect the agreement im going to just cancel the annual and go back to monthly...

as i said in my first post, perhaps you didn't confirm your choice... also pointed to check your payment info: if you didn't pay at the 18th as you give as date, you didn't renew for the old price.
( you can't downgrade now before the year has gone, unless support has a good day to allow you special favours)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Just now, White Platini said:

why it charged me now then? makes no sense if they wont respect the agreement im going to just cancel the annual and go back to monthly...

Since you're a premium member, perhaps you'll do better using the live chat support, or wait until you get an answer the case you opened. You admit that you're uncertain of what your actual annual billing date is. 

In order to take advantage of the extended rate offer, you had to actually pay for it before June 24, not just agree to it. If you only clicked "accept" or something (I can't remember then entire sequence) and didn't get charged right then, some step got missed. 

• Like 2

The first time I tried to take advantage of the offer it didn't go through because I didn't hit that final confirm button. I realized it hadn't completed because I had not been charged the fee. So I started the process over and that time I noticed that there was another confirm button that I hadn't hit the first time I tried. That time I saw that I was billed and the the due date for the next payment was in 2020. So I knew I had completed the transaction. It sure looks like you didn't complete the process.

• Like 2

here's a screenshot of the window, it really says charge me today at the day of acceptance of that deal, yu had to click it, ánd proceed to cachier to pay it.
( borowed the pic from Ethan, he won't mind :)  )

2f1cdec38ab86796ab14eef111b94bdd.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.