Attachment attached to Missing String, how do I take it off?

Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an attachment - its actually one of my Amaretto Horses, that I was going to ride - but something went wrong when I attached it.

According to my inventory it's now attached to "Missing String" instead of Stomach. I can't see it, I can't detach it or do anything else with it.

I have tried replacing it with another item worn on stomach, which is where the item *should* have attached. The other item attached and detached fine but the original stayed stuck on "Missing String".

I have also tried clearing cache and rebooting.

Anyone have any more ideas? This horse is no-copy and I don't want to lose it.

Click for pic - Missing String

11 answers to this question

Interesting!   It doesn't actually say "Worn on Missing String."  It says "Worn on Missing String()".  Notice the parentheses?  It's not attached to something called Missing String.  The message is telling you that it doesn't know where it's attached.  The name of the attachment point is missing somehow.

I have never seen that happen before.  I suspect that you'll be able to detach it by rebuilding your avatar from your Advanced menu (with CTRL+Alt+D) or your Develop menu (with CTRL + Alt + Q) >> Character >> CharacterTest (female).  That will return your avatar to newbie factory specs.  You'll have to put your favorite shape, skin, HUDs, clothing, and other attachments back on, of course, but the strange non-attachment should be gone.  And it should be back in inventory.  That's what normally happens when things are detached.  As I say, though, I have never seen this variation before, so I'm not guaranteeing anything.  :smileysurprised:

ETA:  Oh, drat!  Just saw your added comment.   Back to square one.

I`m guessing "replace outfit" isn`t going to work either, because it doesn`t know where that attachment is attached in order to remove it.

Did you try asking the horse creator if their horses have done this to anyone before?

Is the detach option greyed out if you right-click the horse?

Well... whatever it was, it seems to have resolved itself. I went AFK to have my dinner, left my avatar logged in. After dinner I went back with the intention of filing a support request with Amaretto... but the problem had resolved itself while I was away.

The solution appears to be pasta with plenty of parmesan. ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.