help.. get snapshot from EMAIL to INWORLD inventory?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You will need to UPLOAD (and pay 10 lindens) to get your photo inworld.  Depending on your email program you can copy or save or whatever the photo into your computer inventory.   Then when you are inworld, upload that photo.

image.png.9d7e5b88bea6cea510d457fa248ec8a9.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I took a snaphot of me and my bf INWORLD.  Then I had snapshot sent to my email.  How do I get snapshot back in my inventory so I can put it on my apartment wall?  ty

Save the email attachment to your hard drive, in whatever folder you want to keep it in (and remember where you put it).

Return to SL and in the Build menu, select Upload, then Upload Image. Select the image you saved. It will cost L$10 to upload it back into SL.

As Selene said, the quicker way is to save it directly to your inventory in the first place, using the Selection button in the snapshot window, though in that case the maximum size is 512x512 pixels. Uploaded images can be up to 1024x1024. Saving the image this way will still cost L$10.

Edited by Matty Luminos

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You have to upload it just like you do any texture/image and pay the 10L upload fee. 

Rather than email it to yourself you could have saved it to your harddrive and then just uploaded it from your image folder.

As Matty said...the fee is still $10 but I always download photos to my computer (disk option in the camera) because the uploaded photo is better and you can take many more (for free) before deciding which is the one great shot you want to upload back to hang on your wall. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

As Matty said...the fee is still $10 but I always download photos to my computer (disk option in the camera) because the uploaded photo is better and you can take many more (for free) before deciding which is the one great shot you want to upload back to hang on your wall. 

Did you mean to quote someone else? I ask because we said the same thing only my post was less verbose. I figured those were details she'd figure out for herself. 

No..(I meant to quote you) You said it first. I was pointing out the benefits of downloading to home computer (for same cost) just a few more steps. Maybe the OP wants simple and fast though, I dont know. But they have choices. 

31 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

No..(I meant to quote you) You said it first. I was pointing out the benefits of downloading to home computer (for same cost) just a few more steps. Maybe the OP wants simple and fast though, I dont know. But they have choices. 

Ah ok. Sorry for the confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.