smoking

QueenThalia12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Three parts:

1. Buy or create an animation to make your arm and the rest of your body look like you are smoking.

2. Script the cigarette to trigger the animation when you attach the cigarette to your av.

3. Add a smoke particle effect to the script.

All three of those parts call for professional skills.  If you don't have the skills yourself, you will either have to be patient and learn (which will take time) or you can hire professionals to do the work for you.  Or, of course, you can shop in Marketplace or in world to find a cigarette that someone else has created.  There are plenty of them out there, so you don't need to reinvent the wheel unless you really want to.

Thalia, I have a transferable cigarette that I can send you in world.

Like most cigarettes in SL, it consists of three parts:  1) a cigarette that is attached to your hand, 2) a cigarette that's attached to your mouth and 3) an invisible "exhaler" to create the smoke you blow out.  (Some cigarettes also come with a HUD that gives you some on-screen controls.)

To use it, right click all three items and choose ADD.

The cigarette includes its own built in animation.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The marketplace is full of cigarettes. I get 3,170 hits. 

One more way in which SL is better than real life...you can do things here that you really shouldn't ought to do in RL.  When I first joined, it was at the tail end of the "drug dealer" craze...people would buy a "drug dealer" business in a box, and sell dope to other avatars.  The "drugs" would cause interesting psychedelic screen effects.  There are still some drinks around that will make you see pink elephants flying around your head, stagger, and fall down "drunk".

As for cigarettes, there are only a few really good ones out of that 3,000-plus, in my opinion. Foxy's and NikotiN are worth looking at.  There's a nice "Smoking Girl" AO sold by, I think, Tuty's.

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When I first joined, it was at the tail end of the "drug dealer" craze

I remember that time. I had a friend who kept giving Magic Mushrooms in SL

WHOA! MOAR, PLZ!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.