Body Type Specific Unpack HUD

Rockridge Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is primarily directed to clothing content creators.  I would like to see clothing creators create unpack HUDs where the consumer is able to choose the specific body type they actually need.  I know this is possible, because i did get such a HUD.  Unfortunately, I can not recall the creator, but it was an awesome surprise.  This would definitely help clean up the process of having to delete the many "other" body types from our inventory that we may never use.  Thank you.

Edited by Rockridge Constantine
more information added

Have you any idea of how much work it would take to do that?  Most of us creators do not charge anywhere near what we should for the time put into making any given item.  To do this would double or tripple the time needed to put something out.  I doubt most folks would want to pay more for something like that.  Even boxing them all separately would be more work than we would ever get back in price.

44 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Have you any idea of how much work it would take to do that? 

I actually do not know how much work is involved in doing this.  That is why I asked.  Obviously one creator I know of decided it was worth the effort.  I guess it depends on how much creators want to do this for their customers and at what price.

52 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Have you any idea of how much work it would take to do that?

As a scripter, I know the answer: Barely any.

52 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Even boxing them all separately would be more work than we would ever get back in price.

As a lazy person, I know the issue: Laziness.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 5

I would not be opposed to the additional work, as once you had made a template object for this you could re-use it for subsequent releases. What would concern me is that increasing the complexity of HUDs and delivery systems tends to increase the level of customer support you need to provide. It is surprising the things that confuse some people, and many do not read instructions.

10 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I would not be opposed to the additional work, as once you had made a template object for this you could re-use it for subsequent releases. What would concern me is that increasing the complexity of HUDs and delivery systems tends to increase the level of customer support you need to provide. It is surprising the things that confuse some people, and many do not read instructions.

Super easy solution with minimal confusion:

New HUD works the same as before, except when the user clicks on it (or does whatever used to unpack it), they get a dialog that says "Which type do you want?" or similar, and the options would be "Maitreya", "Belleza", "Both", etc.

10 hours ago, Rockridge Constantine said:

This is primarily directed to clothing content creators.  I would like to see clothing creators create unpack HUDs where the consumer is able to choose the specific body type they actually need.

That is a great idea!

14 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Super easy solution with minimal confusion:

New HUD works the same as before, except when the user clicks on it (or does whatever used to unpack it), they get a dialog that says "Which type do you want?" or similar, and the options would be "Maitreya", "Belleza", "Both", etc.

Or... Have the body type logo as a button on the actual HUD itself to click for unpacking. I think this was how the HUD was designed for the one I surprisingly received. If I recall correctly.  Although a pop up dialog would be just as good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.