Horse Avatar Help?

Apollo13point1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Apollo13point1 said:

So, I've been trying to make a horse avatar, I have a full body mod, a skin and not much else. I have no idea where to even start. Anyone know how I can at least start? Thank you...

I'm a little confused...  are you trying to create as in make your own horse avatar from scratch (and import it into SL to wear and/or sale), or are you trying to put together a horse avatar for yourself from parts you're picking up on the marketplace or inworld stores?   I guess it was the "have a full body mod" part which was confusing me...     

If it's the make your own mesh or animesh body/animations, etc., that you're looking for help with, you might get better answers over in the "Creation" part of the forums. 

You can get horse avatars.  I don't have the avatar but I have a new Teegle Animesh horse and there are mentions in the notecards that came with it of their avatar. I noticed some "full body mods" for it on the Marketplace while looking for a saddle.

I'm  not familiar with the Teegle horse avatars, but it there an alpha layer in the Teegle horse avatar folder that you need to wear to hide your human body? 

Next I would check if there is an AO that came with the Teegle horse avatar, and make sure to wear that.  (I have a friend who sometimes wears a wolf avatar, and it seems like I remember her wolf legs being oddly bent until she put on the AO that came with the wolf body).  

It helps, in a situation like this, to show the "worn" tab on the inventory window with the folders open, so we can see what is or is not being worn. 

If you are wearing the alpha and the AO that came with the horse avatar body, and are still having issues, I would suggest looking to see if there is an in-world group, where there will be more people experienced with the in-and-outs of the particular avatar body you're using.  Sometimes it's not obvious from the contents of the folder or enclosed NC's which parts are optional and which parts are mandatory to be worn in order for the end result to look correct.

Edited by moirakathleen

On 5/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, Apollo13point1 said:

image.thumb.png.99125f70152292c68142a64e3cf13577.pngI've worked out...most of it...however, I'm stuck with this crime against nature and cant figure out how to make it look less....deformed? See attached screen shot...

It looks like you're not wearing the AO (and deformer, if there is one) that comes with the avatar. Or you are, but you are also wearing a regular human AO as well.

If you are wearing all the correct items and no human AO, it looks like the horse AO is not functioning, in which case you need to get a redelivery, or contact Teegle customer support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.