I cannot stop running

ToscaJarvis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Before I put a ticket in to LL I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has a solution. 

Yesterday my avie started running instead of walking and I cannot figure how to stop it. 

Things I have done to troubleshoot it:

Changed programs (I ran on both SL and firestorm)

Underformed avie

Stopped all animations

Made sure RLV isnt checked. 

Took off all experiences

Made sure the run button wasnt clicked

Checked all my preferences that I could think might be doing it. 

And changed my avie back to default and built her back up to make sure nothing was attached forcing me to run. 

Any thoughts at all that might fix the issue are completely appreciated! I am running on every sim I go to, and relogging hasnt helped.

Check your viewer settings. Depending on which viewer you are using it could be located in a different place, but usually, in the "Move and View" category. There is a checkbox with the phrase similar to "Always Run" - be sure that is turned off. No need to reply with what viewer you're using, it is a standard option in setting and all viewers have it. So look for it and set it appropriately.

Then and only then, if it is not turned on to "Always Run" and it's still happening (I presume even after logging out and back in again and changing to another region, etc.) - that is when you should specify which viewer you are using and a user well-experienced in that viewer will have more ideas on troubleshooting. :)

CTRL+R is the shortcut command to Always Run. Try toggling that.

Additionally:

14 minutes ago, ToscaJarvis said:

Stopped all animations

Make sure you check Stop Avatar Animations and Revoke Permissions, rather than just Stop Avatar Animations. While you're at it, also right-click your avatar's name tag and select Appearance > Reset > Skeleton & Animations. Then relog and see if that fixed it.

Edited by Skell Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.