Belleza Jake 2.0 losing fingernails at any change of clothing

Fenimore Hapmouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Very recently it started that every time I change clothing like pants or shirts, but not for example shoes, the fingernails disappear. I can either cycle the fingernails button in the HUD, which remains selected when that happens or cycle the alpha for the hands and the nails reappear.

This is the Jake 2.0 body. I unpacked a new copy of the body, redid the appliers and such, but that did not make a difference. This worked fine for a good while and started only the last few days.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I could try next to fix this little annoyance? Thanks!!

7 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

Very recently it started that every time I change clothing like pants or shirts, but not for example shoes, the fingernails disappear. I can either cycle the fingernails button in the HUD, which remains selected when that happens or cycle the alpha for the hands and the nails reappear.

This is the Jake 2.0 body. I unpacked a new copy of the body, redid the appliers and such, but that did not make a difference. This worked fine for a good while and started only the last few days.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I could try next to fix this little annoyance? Thanks!!

If you are using Firestorm it is easy to check how many attachments you are wearing. 38 is the limit. Open Appearance and select the Wearing tab. Trying to wear 39 can produce odd results at odd times.

Next is the problem of stacking attachments on a single attachment point. The default is the right-hand. When I get new stuff I check where it attaches. If it is the right-hand then I'll attach it some place more appropriate.

Stacked attachments do not do well crossing regions and teleporting. Which ones drop off seems unpredictable. But, it will be one or some of those stacked on an attachment point. The problem is not limited to the right-hand. The more that are stacked on a single point the more likely a problem.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I could try next to fix this little annoyance?

I have absolutely no experience with the Jake 2.0 body.  If it is like the Maitreya body and has separate hands, though, maybe  keep a spare pair of hands (with the proper nails and all) available to attach whenever this happens?

• Thanks 1

Thank you Rolig, yes, the HUD/body allows me to turn the hands off and I could use my Slink Bento hands instead of the builtin Bento hands, that might be an emergency solution, but since I can toggle the nails back on easily enough through the HUD I did not consider that sort of option yet.

I also much appreciate your gentle approach, not like Lindal with her enhanced interrogation methods 😁!

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you are using Firestorm it is easy to check how many attachments you are wearing. 38 is the limit. Open Appearance and select the Wearing tab. Trying to wear 39 can produce odd results at odd times.

Next is the problem of stacking attachments on a single attachment point. The default is the right-hand. When I get new stuff I check where it attaches. If it is the right-hand then I'll attach it some place more appropriate.

Stacked attachments do not do well crossing regions and teleporting. Which ones drop off seems unpredictable. But, it will be one or some of those stacked on an attachment point. The problem is not limited to the right-hand. The more that are stacked on a single point the more likely a problem.

That was a good suggestion, Nalates, thank you. I heard of that before but did not think of it in this context.

I am however a very simple man with a modest eight attachments. I don't think any two of which attach to the same point, as best as I can tell. Also, the nails are not a separate attachment or item, but a part of the Bento hands of the Jake body.

Thank you for your answer!

4 hours ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

Thank you Rolig, yes, the HUD/body allows me to turn the hands off and I could use my Slink Bento hands instead of the builtin Bento hands, that might be an emergency solution, but since I can toggle the nails back on easily enough through the HUD I did not consider that sort of option yet.

I also much appreciate your gentle approach, not like Lindal with her enhanced interrogation methods 😁!

I was just planning on pulling out your nails...no fingernails, no more problem, right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.