How many stores / alts allowed?

ainst Composer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

One MP store per account.  So if you have 12 alts, twelve stores.  And you can ALWAYS transfer L$ from one account to another.

How many alts?  Officially, 5, but in practice there's no real limit.  Linden Lab reserves the right to discourage you from creating an "army of alts."  They say, for example, "If you have many accounts already, additional accounts may incur an associated cost for maintenance. "  and "Linden Lab has various means of detecting illegitimate accounts and enforcing necessary limits to prevent fraud and other disruptive uses of Second Life and LindeX services. For security reasons, Linden Lab does not reveal exactly how fraud detection processes operate."  As long as you are not abusing the system in some way, Linden Lab has better things to do than count your alts.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

One MP store per account.  So if you have 12 alts, twelve stores.  And you can ALWAYS transfer L$ from one account to another.

How many alts?  Officially, 5, but in practice there's no real limit.  Linden Lab reserves the right to discourage you from creating an "army of alts."  They say, for example, "If you have many accounts already, additional accounts may incur an associated cost for maintenance. "  and "Linden Lab has various means of detecting illegitimate accounts and enforcing necessary limits to prevent fraud and other disruptive uses of Second Life and LindeX services. For security reasons, Linden Lab does not reveal exactly how fraud detection processes operate."  As long as you are not abusing the system in some way, Linden Lab has better things to do than count your alts.

Thanks!

And what for example, if I have two stores, and I transfers money from the second account to another and already withdraw money from it, how legal is it?

Edited by ainst Composer

1 minute ago, ainst Composer said:

And what for example, if I have two stores, and I transfers money from the second account to one and already withdraw money from it, how legal is it?

Perfectly.  All SL accounts are separate.  It doesn't make any difference whether you send money to your alt or to a perfect stranger.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.