sending IM offline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to be able to send an IM while I'm offline (unable to launch browser).  I've checked "My Second Life" and some friends do not have "Feed" available ... some do and it appears to be those who have changed display name.  With MySecondLife not an option, is there another way to send an IM if I'm offline?

9 minutes ago, Tiziana Corleone said:

I'd like to be able to send an IM while I'm offline (unable to launch browser).  I've checked "My Second Life" and some friends do not have "Feed" available ... some do and it appears to be those who have changed display name.  With MySecondLife not an option, is there another way to send an IM if I'm offline?

You can reply to IMs sent to you in your e-mail while you are offline, but you can't initiate an IM covo, unless of course you simply reply to an old IM

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

simply reply to an old IM

don't store them in you adressbook because:

Replying to IM emailsI f you reply via email to an IM, the original sender receives an IM. You still receive the forwarded IMs the next time you log in (up to 25), but you do not see any replies you've made via email. When replying to an IM by email, the message is limited to 1023 characters, and you must reply within five days.

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/text-chat-and-instant-messages-r70/Section_.2.2

Edited by Ethan Paslong

1 hour ago, CheriColette said:

AND>>>>> replying to the IM by  email does not reveal your private email address. 

It can if you reply to a reply - then the private email address can appear appears and thus is leaked.

If you reply to a reply always make sure you delete all the existing text, don't just hit reply and type.

Edited by Shudo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Shudo said:

It can if you reply to a reply - then the private email address can appear appears and thus is leaked.

If you reply to a reply always make sure you delete all the existing text, don't just hit reply and type.

Good to know. And here was me thinking it was safe all this time. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.