How Will the New User-to-User Auctions Affect the Land Market

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:54 AM, Qie Niangao said:

@Shaharazad Humphreys, probably Support already had you try the easy things, but just in case: I'd make sure the problem persists using different browsers (e.g., both Chrome and Firefox), and with cache cleared (although if it doesn't help to switch browsers, clearing cache wouldn't help either).

Thanks, for your help Qie!  Support discovered the solution today.  My parcel name was too long.  The parcel name must be 50 characters or less in order to create a resident auction. Now my resident auction is properly scheduled and hopefully will sell *fingers crossed*

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, Shaharazad Humphreys said:

Update: So the Lindens say sorry, but they can't figure out why I can't create a resident auction. *sigh*  If anyone has had the same issue and found a fix please let me know.

did you do the $30/week list in Search?  I tried a couple of times and finally figured out that was the problem with mine.

4 minutes ago, Skyspinner Soulstar said:

did you do the $30/week list in Search?  I tried a couple of times and finally figured out that was the problem with mine.

She posted an update - right above your reply - saying that the reason was that the 'parcel name' was too long (longer than 50 characters).

2 hours ago, Skyspinner Soulstar said:

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

She posted an update - right above your reply - saying that the reason was that the 'parcel name' was too long (longer than 50 characters).

Gotta love the way computers work: all or nothing. And if you forget to dot a single "i" or cross a single "t" then it will definitely be *nothing*. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I think this could be useful if you really want to sell a parcel but aren't sure what fair market price is. You could set it for the lowest price you wouldn't feel bad about accepting and let it run. This obviously isn't going to be for those who set stupidly high prices hoping for the one person who might come along and pay that much. The nice thing is the auction listing will be searchable. 15% is not out of line given that just listing the parcel for sale is still an option as well. I suspect there are going to be people who will find out that others don't consider their land to be worth as much as the seller. It is a nice alternative to just abandoning it if it's a decent parcel.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.