MiaDeLioncourt

Can't buy Lindens because of the transaction fee

Question

Hi. I have 2.44 dollars left right now that I want to use but I can't because the transaction fee is 1.49 dollars with a minimum of 2.50 to buy (I have more lindens, not to "buy" though. So I will actually have 2.50 or more).  How can I use the money that I have? Thx.

10 answers to this question

Assuming this is in your Second Life USD balance (you didn't specify where the $2.44 is), you must simply sell more linden (or however else you can increase the USD balance) until your balance is above $2.50.

I don't speak too much english so I'll try.. I have 2.44 dollars to buy lindens, yes. I want that amount in lindens but as the transaction fee is 1.49, I can't and I have lindens, not dollars, lindens that I already bought. Should I withdraw those lindens and then buy what I need? I mean, can I?

13 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Assuming this is in your Second Life USD balance (you didn't specify where the $2.44 is), you must simply sell more linden (or however else you can increase the USD balance) until your balance is above $2.50.

Sorry. No, it's not in my SL balance, that's the problem. I can't "upload" my money.

Then you will need to wait until you have enough money in RL to buy the L$ that you want.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a general rule of thumb I dont buy less than $50USD worth at a time.. Spending 1.49 in fees  to get 1 uSD worth of L$ is foolish. If you really need 250L that bad, I'm sure someone will give it to you. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

When did the transaction fee decrease?  As I recall, it went up from $1.49 to $1.99...but when I checked just now, it was $1.49 again.

Maybe it's just my advancing senility?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When did the transaction fee decrease?  As I recall, it went up from $1.49 to $1.99...but when I checked just now, it was $1.49 again.

Maybe it's just my advancing senility?

Close, it went up from 0.99 to 1.49.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

No, I knew about that increase.  But I thought there was another one, too.

37 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, I knew about that increase.  But I thought there was another one, too.

DON'T JINX US!!!!