What is "Dullahan"?

arabellajones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is "Dullahan"? Well usually for me it's about 20-50 instances running under several sl plugins when I alt ctrl del and bring up task manager that I commonly stop. Usually if I stop them I can not access avatar picker but I can access marketplace it will just bring up another plug in. These also pop up when users stream music or have little music players they use to dance to. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:48 PM, Aishagain said:

I don't know if anyone will see this post since this thread's been quiet for over a week but every now when  and then when inworld I get a box popping up telling me that "Dullahan_Host.exe has stopped working".  My choices are to "find out more" on the web or to stop the application.  I usually close and ignore the message since I have "whitelisted" this .exe on my AV along with all the others used in Firestorm (I have the FS folder and the cache folder also whitelisted) as suggested on the FS wiki.

So what causes this failure?  Moreover I have to say I have not noticed ANYTHING not working after this message be it my in world browser, search or any media sources, so I'm a bit baffled as to what this .exe failure actually means!

Can anyone enlighten me?

I've never seen this message on the linden viewer ever. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Thanks for teaching us how to delete this, why would we want SL to use ALL of our CPU processing power!

I think this is more of an issue with folks who run SL in really old PC's. Not so much if you have something more recent... maybe something from 2016 onwards ATM. I have few issues with Dullahan running in the background, only when I try out a Windows viewer in Wine. Even then, most of the SL Plugins work for me, but not as well as a native viewer. Then again, my laptop has 32 GB RAM, m.2 SSD and a 8th Gen i7 CPU.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.