Formal requirements for becoming a *real* builder

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, ChinRey said:
  • Whilst working on a platform 1,000 m or more up in the air: rez a huge object on top of your avatar forcing him/her through the platform.
  • Fall off the platform whilst being so preoccupied with your build you don't notice.

Oh I've done those two so many times. It's why I usually fly/hover while I build these days :)

I only made it to 11 - I want to try that making it physical thing and watching it explode everywhere...sounds like fun.

Now, if I got a point each time I lost a build called "Object" in my inventory, or that tiny "Object" of huge LI lost somewhere on my land...then my score would be in the hundreds...

3 hours ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

I want to try that making it physical thing and watching it explode everywhere...sounds like fun.

One of the first projects I got a commission for was for a building that was supposed to explode -- I can't remember why now -- so I made the whole thing as unlinked prims that were triggered to turn physical and temporary when you opened the door. It even had particle smoke, fire, and a loud bang.  When the excitement was all over and the pieces had scattered all over the region and vanished, the whole thing rezzed again for the next show.  It was pretty crude but exciting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm only at 9. I guess there's much to learn yet before I am a real builder :D

I've got one to add as well....

- Upload your final build to the main grid, spend an hour putting it all together only to realise you're still on the beta grid and forgot log onto the main grid first.

That should at least get me 2 more points!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.